Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you said you looked like one celebrity from the Golden Era...

Christy

One of the Regulars
NicknNora said:
How about Veronica Lake (different hair color but similar features). If you parted you hair on the other side you'd be real close.

Thank you, I love Veronica Lake too! I actually used to part my hair on that side, but I changed it because I have a funny spot of hair that I like to cover up, so I changed my part.

C-dot said:
lol I can actually do it like her, too!

I used the same picture in the "Show us your hairdo's" thread, and the consensus, too, was 1959 Barbie. :)

I think you're a stunner too, Christy - A brunette Veronica Lake, for sure!

Thank you very much!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Shirin, I think you're an amazing "matchmaker"! Your matches make me gasp!
Laura Chase, I agree that Lauren looks like Barbara Stanwyck. As for you, I think you do resemble all three of the ladies mentioned (Linda Darnell, Rosalind Russell, Dolly Haas). Your facial shape/chin might not be the same as Dolly's but the eyes + nose + lips had me fooled for sure!
kittypackard's right, crazydaisy and Pier Angeli are twins!
pier_angeli_1.jpg

3504821570_819b1e8ae8.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
tbrunke said:
How do you download pictures?

FedoraLounge doesn't have the bandwidth to host pics. They have to be hosted elsewhere like on your Photobucket or Facebook or somewhere that lets you upload. Then you copy the link of that picture, click on the little mountain icon above the box where you type your text when making a post, paste the link into the window that comes up, and post.

You c an also do this to show pics from other websites that are illustrating one's point...

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Shirin said:
I'm a huge Vera Ellen fan, and sadly, she never really got that recognition so she's not as well known as many of the other popular actresses.

I was told years ago I reminded someone of Vera Ellen, but I don't personally think I look like her. Maybe it's the nose! [huh] I guess it also changes with what era you wear most. I go for earlier than her most of the time. What do other people think?

Pinkfrills.jpg

Just had another look. Nope, I'm not seeing it!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I can see a tad of the Vera Ellen resemblance in this pic...
vera-ellen-1-sized.jpg

I can't take my eyes off the pic of you though, you have so much class, beauty, and grace; like an aristocrat from the 30s...
Pinkfrills.jpg

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Thanks for the comments. I see a little bit of myself in all those pics! lol I need to look up Eleanor Powell - I don't know her, but I'm not a great film watcher.

It's not actually a picture I particularly like of myself (I don't like my nose) but I wanted a front on shot and it seemed the most 'honest' one I had. But Cherry Lips, thank you for your sweet comment about me looking aristocratic and 1930s. This pic was taken at a week long 30s event, so it was the look I was going for. :)

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Miss Sis said:
Thanks for the comments. I see a little bit of myself in all those pics! lol I need to look up Eleanor Powell - I don't know her, but I'm not a great film watcher.

I second Eleanor Powell. It's a great compliment - not only was she a pretty lady, but she is often called the female Fred Astaire!
:eek:fftopic: Watch Broadway Melody of 1940, the only film they did together. The dancing is truly amazing!

Dagwood

Practically Family
cherry lips said:
C-dot reminds me of a young...

I'll go with Frances Langford.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0BdUwPDytRA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0BdUwPDytRA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
C-dot said:
Thank you! I'm not sure if it's accurate - Maybe certain features? You're sweet! :D

I think it's accurate, but I know these things are subjective. When I saw the first pic I thought of you instantly! I think the shape of the mouth, the cheek, and the height of the eye brows are identical to yours (having seen other pics than you current avatar). Perhaps her eyes have a different shape though.
P.s. I can see Dagwood's point as well.

jessesgirl08

One of the Regulars
golden era look alikes?

anyone you think i resemble and should spend more time channeling to perfect my look?;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner