Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm a Grandpa!

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Thursday at 1:13 am my first grandchild was born! His name is Hudson and he entered this world at 6 pounds, 5 ounces, and nineteen inches long. He is remarkably beautiful. Mom delivered in about six hours, and my wife was there as coach and cheerleader. Husband focused on encouraging his sweetie; I sat in the waiting room with a bunch of other patient relatives and friends.

Grandpa-dom, here I come!

Congrats WH! I have to say I'm enjoying being a "Gampa" at least as much as being a Dad. At first, just the word killed me - I was 43 when that happened first time. Now I relish in it and even at this moment, I am making hot eggnog for Granddaughter #1 then it's off to school.
Enjoy it. We never had involved parents with our kids, and that was their loss. This is the good times! :cheers:

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Congrats WH! I have to say I'm enjoying being a "Gampa" at least as much as being a Dad. At first, just the word killed me - I was 43 when that happened first time. Now I relish in it and even at this moment, I am making hot eggnog for Granddaughter #1 then it's off to school.
Enjoy it. We never had involved parents with our kids, and that was their loss. This is the good times! :cheers:

Thanks, ButteMT61, and to all the others who sent their congratulations~ I am blessed to be living close by my daughter's family so that I can see them frequently. As you said, I'm looking forward to the good times!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Being a GrandPa gives you a second chance at many things, and some new ones as well. There are the pictures, bikes, Birthday and Christmas parties, school, diaper duty, and seeing them grow up in life. In all, it is a gift from God to all!

Blessing for you and your family. Be sure to wear your vintage items around your Grandson so he can know what to do when the time comes!

Cindy

Yep - we're having a party for GD #1 tonight - turns, 9! They are a joy, and yes, you can sorta take a Mulligan in terms of all the mistakes you made with your own offspring lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart