Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm bad, I know, I can't help it.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I know, last jacket I picked up, I said I thought I was done for the year, and now I have THREE more. **eyeroll** Now before you go saying anything, I sold quite a few jackets in the past month, so I do have some room in the closet for these. But I didn't need any of them. Still, I think they're all good pickups.
Bad boy eh, perhaps a visit from a leather clad Miss Whiplash might give you the 'correction' that you obviously need.

The guy who takes care of my MG runs a 1982 Bentley Mulsane, it cost him just five grand and his mechanical skills brought it back to almost showroom condition.
1982-bentley.jpg
But, he's been a bad boy too, a very bad boy. He justifies the cost of his new car coat by pointing out the saving he has made during his car's restoration. This is his new car coat. Run the curser over the zipper pulls: Then look at the price tag.
https://shop.bentleymotors.com/collections/for-him/products/leather-jacket

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Bad boy eh, perhaps a visit from a leather clad Miss Whiplash might give you the 'correction' that you obviously need.

The guy who takes care of my MG runs a 1982 Bentley Mulsane, it cost him just five grand and his mechanical skills brought it back to almost showroom condition.
View attachment 141829
But, he's been a bad boy too, a very bad boy. He justifies the cost of his new car coat by pointing out the saving he has made during his car's restoration. This is his new car coat. Run the curser over the zipper pulls: Then look at the price tag.

With the free shipping, how can anyone pass that up? Lol.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's only been here a few days. Last week I was traveling, so haven't had much time with it yet. I'll post some more impressions later, but for now I can say that it's very nice.

Thanks! Thinking of getting a Thedi in Badalassi when it becomes available :)

TheMarriedHermit

One of the Regulars

View attachment 141829
The last single-word sentence in the description of that ho-hum Bentley jacket is Beluga. At this price, does it come with a free lifetime supply of caviar?

The Vanson has cleared customs! I might get to try it on a lot sooner than Nov 12 at this rate.
Mine took a full two weeks. It flew to Chicago but just sat once it got here for 4 days! Hopefully the PO is less dreadful in your neck of the woods!

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
The Vanson C2 arrived in the mail today. Unfortunately it's too dark to take good photos. I'll try tomorrow, weather permitting.

The skinny: Fit is perfect, jacket is in excellent shape, but not like new, but could stand to be conditioned. Interestingly, the angled chest pocket zips closed down, not up. I've never seen that on a cross-zip jacket before. The handwarmer pockets also zip down, which is awesome, but I'm not convinced that it's such a good thing on the chest pocket. Fit is perfect.

The Vanson C2 arrived in the mail today. Unfortunately it's too dark to take good photos. I'll try tomorrow, weather permitting.

The skinny: Fit is perfect, jacket is in excellent shape, but not like new, but could stand to be conditioned. Interestingly, the angled chest pocket zips closed down, not up. I've never seen that on a cross-zip jacket before. The handwarmer pockets also zip down, which is awesome, but I'm not convinced that it's such a good thing on the chest pocket. Fit is perfect.
All my Vanson have done that! Hand warmers zip closed toward hem and chest zip toward main zip? That's how they do them. Man that was way faster than my E!

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
All my Vanson have done that! Hand warmers zip closed toward hem and chest zip toward main zip? That's how they do them. Man that was way faster than my E!

That's interesting! I had another cross-zip Vanson a few years ago, which I sold on due to being extremely squeaky, and I don't remember that.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
My E zips down closed, HW and chest.
The Vanson CHP, HW close down.
The Vanson CR, HW close up.
Pretty sure they’re all orig too.
Looking forward to your review of the C2.
Nice

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
The Vanson C2 weighs in at 6.75 lbs. Probably 2 oz of that is now Pecards. The leather was thirsty. The Pecards has really brought out the color of the black leather. It darkened a bit and doesn't look quite so faded. I imagine that it might lighten back up after it dries out a bit. The treatment seems to have also freshened up the scent of the jacket. The zipper is really easy now, thanks to the lubrication.

I'll update tomorrow with some fit pics if I can get good light. It's been raining for 3 days straight in Cleveland, and it's getting dark out early now.

I'd say that's the best fitting cross zip I've seen you wear! Looks awesome! Does tha selfie stick have a bendable arm like those back shavers for a shot of the back?

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I'd say that's the best fitting cross zip I've seen you wear! Looks awesome! Does tha selfie stick have a bendable arm like those back shavers for a shot of the back?

Thanks :) I do think it fits very well. I'd have to go back and compare it to the Natal cross-zip, and the two best-fitting Langlitz Columbia jackets that I have to really be able to say which is the best, but there's certainly nothing at all wrong with the fit on this.

One thing I like about this C2 is that the chest pocket zipper is at the same angle as the lapel of the collar. It helps the lines of the jacket. If I could change one thing about the jacket, I'd get rid of the center seam down the back, and replace it with a single piece back. But that's a nitpick.

It's an Anker selfie stick. Anker makes pretty good products. The stick part doesn't bend, but there's a hinge at the end of the stick that allows you to adjust the angle it holds the phone. I try to angle it so that the stick is out of frame for the photo.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
And the Aero arrived today. It's something, let me tell you. I don't know if this is natural undyed CXLSH or something else, but it's a fantastic color, lovely grain, soft and not too heavy weight, nicely broken in and patina-ed, and it fits me real nice.

Greenbank Woolen Mills wool tweed lining, knit storm cuffs, no inside pockets. Lining is in fantastic condition, considering the amount of character that has developed in the leather, it's been worn a lot, yet the lining shows no evidence of it. No holes or threadbare parts to be found. Great pickup.

Too dark for fit pics right now, I'll see if I can find time tomorrow.

Edward

Bartender

View attachment 141829

I can well believe he saved big - I remember following a magazine pro restoration of a MkII Ford, ground-up, and the labour alone on that was GBP20K (unless you're going to do it yourself as a hobbyist, there's little point in buying a restoration project at all these days, unless you can afford to lose serious money).

Pity his taste is jackets is much less sharp than his taste in cars, though....!

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Ok here's some fit selfies of the Aero Highwayman:

bd54aa01107ff045497f1d013f005879.jpg
4bac793767a3218a55994e440d1ea0e7.jpg
25eb5c7748db1f65f444c7aeced8ba46.jpg
56e1a0e27eb5f650cf7c6ee0e69b367d.jpg
547e08ef7f292323a68a916c90be49a5.jpg

Unfortunately the light was dim this morning due to overcast rainy skies, and my camera wasn't able to get enough light to be able to focus. I'll try again another time.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner