Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm bad, I know, I can't help it.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Recently acquired. I wasn't looking for this; it found me.

Bill Kelso Aeronaut A-1 Cuoio

Already nicely broken in and darkened natural Badalassi. I already have my Thedi shawl collar, which is nearly this same color, but... the pockets are different! The price was right on this one. TBH I don't know which one I'd keep and which I'd sell.

s-l1600.jpg

Incoming Vanson C2. This one is a 6-lbs monster, made from the old good thick comp weight leather. Looking forward to seeing how it fits me.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Incoming, Aero Highwayman, 40. This one has got some character to it.
bookoff10048-img536x480-1502258514378cc717310.jpg

I know, last jacket I picked up, I said I thought I was done for the year, and now I have THREE more. **eyeroll** Now before you go saying anything, I sold quite a few jackets in the past month, so I do have some room in the closet for these. But I didn't need any of them. Still, I think they're all good pickups.

Nice man. That Vanson looks like mintvintage's eBay listing. Same as my E. Be prepared to wait. I'm on two weeks and my jacket is in Chicago. But not being delivered.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Nice man. That Vanson looks like mintvintage's eBay listing. Same as my E. Be prepared to wait. I'm on two weeks and my jacket is in Chicago. But not being delivered.

images

Yes, it's from mintvintage. Tracking says Nov 12; I've ordered from them before and gotten them quickly, but could be they switched to using the dreaded Global Shipping Program, or maybe just a slower/cheaper shipping method.

Last edited:
images

Yes, it's from mintvintage. Tracking says Nov 12; I've ordered from them before and gotten them quickly, but could be they switched to using the dreaded Global Shipping Program, or maybe just a slower/cheaper shipping method.
GSP is a camel with Floaties pointed in the general direction of a large body of water. I'm stunned at its snail pace. I also bought a vintage Cycle champ located 2 hours away from Chicago. Shipped Monday. No sign of it. Could be the Chicago post office actually is the worst on earth.

mygar

A-List Customer

Already nicely broken in and darkened natural Badalassi. I already have my Thedi shawl collar, which is nearly this same color, but... the pockets are different! The price was right on this one. TBH I don't know which one I'd keep and which I'd sell.

s-l1600.jpg

Incoming Vanson C2. This one is a 6-lbs monster, made from the old good thick comp weight leather. Looking forward to seeing how it fits me.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I know, last jacket I picked up, I said I thought I was done for the year, and now I have THREE more. **eyeroll** Now before you go saying anything, I sold quite a few jackets in the past month, so I do have some room in the closet for these. But I didn't need any of them. Still, I think they're all good pickups.

Wow man nice!!

If you need to offload any of those... hit me up ;)

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Lol, Ton if you google image search 'vanson model e' all the top pics are you. You should seriously model for Vanson and Aero. You're way better looking than Vanson's "regular average guy" models, and Aero's leather looks way more impressive on you than their own photos do. You could try on all the jackets you wanted, probably work in some design consulting, and get paid for your trouble.

dannyk

One Too Many
90% of you guys need to shrink. Damn genetics making me 5’7 and 135lbs! I see all the stuff on eBay and here. The stuff that gets passed around and I cry myself to sleep. The only positive I give myself is that my gf isn’t constantly complaining about “how many jackets can you need?”

Last edited:
Lol, Ton if you google image search 'vanson model e' all the top pics are you. You should seriously model for Vanson and Aero. You're way better looking than Vanson's "regular average guy" models, and Aero's leather looks way more impressive on you than their own photos do. You could try on all the jackets you wanted, probably work in some design consulting, and get paid for your trouble.
LOL. Thanks man but you know I crop my face out of everything. I'd def log as many hours as needed for free comp weight and CXL. Designing this stuff would be a dream but there's way more talent than I could ever dream to have in guys like @navetsea When he goes public I'm first in line for one of his jackets.

Sockeye

One of the Regulars

dannyk

One Too Many
You and me both. That comp weight vanson leather looks like plastic when new, but somehow it turns into this... unreal. And irresistable.
I have a vanson chopper in comp weight. It’s like 2 years old but is my least worn jacket so has so much breaking in left. It’s amzizng to me how vansons break in. You would never think anything in comp weight could eventually look that nice!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
That Badalassi leather is so beautiful! I really hope more brands start using it so I can buy a Badalassi jacket.

TheMarriedHermit

One of the Regulars

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

There is only one solution to this: clone yourself, and let the replicant Guppies wear your jackets daily. Less stress, more patina.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner