Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Imelda May

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
From Brian Setzer's website:
"We were very excited at the prospect of having one of my favorite new artists, Imelda May, open a bunch of shows for us on this year's Christmas tour. We were saving this as a surprise for the people coming to those shows that she was going to do. Everything was set to go until her record company, in the eleventh hour, pulled away her tour support. Join me in signing a petition that I would like to send to her label to do the right thing and support her career in the U.S."

Imelda fans should help her out and head over to briansetzer.com to sign that petition!

VintageVixie

I recently discovered her myself, and then saw Brian Setzer's announcement. I'm willing to support her in this even though I won't be attending the tour... oh but what I wouldn't give if I only could.

In any case, she really seems to be an amazing talent, and I envy her little victory roll, it's beautifully done.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Mr. 'H' said:
I bet it was a smaller venue. I wonder what it will be like when she plays at the O2 a much larger venue.

Yup, getting pretty stoked about seeing Imelda on Tuesday. Got my haircut done yesterday in readiness!

IMG_1502.jpg

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
I went to see Imelda last night in Dublin. What a fantastic show. A huge venue but it felt like a "gig". Man, she can sing, and a great live performer. She sounded like she was really proud to be playing to such a large audience in her home town.

An Irish accordion player - Sharon Shannon, famous off her own batt, was on stage performing with her.

Edward

Bartender
Last month, I saw Imelda once more performing as featured singer with the Palookaville Burlesque Orchestra, house band of the CandyBox Burlesque club in Birmingham. This included seeing her perform Fairytale of New York... I live in hope that one day the Pogues will bring her on to sing it with them... Later this month, I will be seeing her at the 100 Club, can't wait. That's the only snag with a much-loved act becoming so successful, losing gigs in all those intimate little venues. Still, great for her and the boys, and it's so exciting to see an artiste I've been following for some years break the big time...

For anyone who hasn't caught Imelda live, run, run, run to pick up tickets the first chance you get, you won't be disappointed!

flat-top

Imelda performed tonight on the Grammy Awards with Jeff Beck for a tribute to Les Paul. Her voice was made to sound multi-tracked, ala Mary Ford, and I actually think she was lip synching :(
Regardless, she looked great!

Edward

Bartender
Nah, Imelda wasn't lipsynching on the Grammys, she was singing live. The harmonies were her, pre-recorded, though. This was part of the tribute to Les Paul ,what with him having invented multitracking and using it back in the fifties so that Mary Ford could harmonise with herself on How high the moon, the number Jeff Beck and Imelda did together.

Needless to say, Imelda rocked the 100 Club, and I'm really looking forward to seeing her at the Luminaire with Wanda Jackson on 21st April..... (that night now sold out, but tickets I think still left for the following evening....).

Doc Average

One of the Regulars
She is great. I've seen her twice now, once just before Christmas, and once round about this time last year. Let's not forget the boys in the band! They're all very, very talented.

Edward

Bartender
Doc Average said:
She is great. I've seen her twice now, once just before Christmas, and once round about this time last year. Let's not forget the boys in the band! They're all very, very talented.

Aren't they just!

flat-top

New video!
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X_NkJwFucnM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X_NkJwFucnM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Edward

Bartender
Psycho came out on Monday past there, available as a download, and on limited edition, white 7" vinyl. :) I have six of the latter already.... lol ... including the first one to be autographed by Imelda herself, now awaiting framing. Saw her and the boys on Tuesday night, fantastic gig. Tickets sitting for the next London gig in October.... The new album is now due in November.

Asdf

New in Town
I love Love Tattoo, the whole album, and I already quite like Psycho... it'll grow on me, I'm sure :)

I think it's time to preorder Mayhem lol
xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner