Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In pictures: Aero Black FQHH Maxwell

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Loungers, I've had the Maxwell a few months now – it's taken a while for me to post pictures. Typically, this being London – even in spring – there isn't much light, but I hope these will do. I'm very pleased with the jacket; the fit feels just right. No modifications, except for two inner pockets. I've been through a lot of Aeros in what must now be around 15 years and I've definitely ended up in the anti-mods camp.

It might have taken me a long time but I now have three Aeros that I want to hang on to. I should probably concentrate on breaking these babies in but, inevitably, I am thinking about another purchase. It would probably be a Thunder Bay (beautiful jacket) in black FQHH with rust mouton collar, although something in cordovan (another Maxwell?) would also be nice. And I am very keen on one or two of the jackets from the recently discovered Thedi Leathers.

Thoughts welcomed on the Maxwell.

SJ

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
I like it a lot. It looks like it has white stitching, yes?

Where does the fit/style sit in relation to the 30s and 50s HBs?

jack miranda

A-List Customer
A very timely purchase, SJ, as I am working up to a Maxwell myself in the near future. Your pics will serve as a "I want it like that" when I place my order. Thanks, and a great jacket. Perfect fit.

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
Something about a button up jacket! The contrasting stitching is a very nice detail. (If only I had the physique to pull off such a fit; well done.)

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Thanks for the kind comments, fellas. I think the Maxwell is a great jacket. Wdw, the stitching is actually "light tan": suggestion courtesy of Carrie at Insurrection.

And fit feels close to the 30s HB.

SJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ