Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In pictures: Aero Black FQHH Maxwell

Cooperson

One Too Many
That's a good looking Maxwell, contrasting stitching works well and a great fit. Thanks for sharing, always good to see a nice Aero being worn!

FarWalker

New in Town
Great looking jacket. Can you please post the specs? Your height, and the jacket tag size and sleeve and back lengths. The fit is great on you. And the contrast stitching is a really nice touch.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Why do you cat's cross the pond do the "perp shot" when showing off the back of your jackets? I'll be damned if I ever do that without being told. Bad juju.

Worf

Edward

Bartender
Cracking jacket. I'm tempted by the Maxwell.... though there are a few others in the list ahead of it. Maybe one of these could be my button-Cordovan (I've not allowed for a button front cordovan yet, only black and brown.... yeah, maybe I need that too..... ;) ). I do like the simplicity of the open-topped breast pocket, absent fasteners.

What part of London is that you're in? The architecture looks very familiar. Post-war built social housing block? I live in a block of that type, lovely. Jealous you've still got the original wall on the walkway, though - in my block, they replaced it with a railing back in the eighties.

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Edward, I'm in Brixton, specifically Brixton Hill. (Others on the thread might vaguely remember an association with street riots a few decades back.) You're quite right: except it's post-WW1, so maybe interwar is better. Perfect for my sartorial style! Never thought of that.

And speaking of railings, curious fact: on the ground they are recycled WW2 stretchers; that's the last time they replaced them. There is also a bomb shelter.

Edward, unless we turn out to live in the same block, I intend to turn up to one of the London meets soon. Don't know if you ever go.

SJ

Edward

Bartender
Edward, I'm in Brixton, specifically Brixton Hill. (Others on the thread might vaguely remember an association with street riots a few decades back.) You're quite right: except it's post-WW1, so maybe interwar is better. Perfect for my sartorial style! Never thought of that.

Funny, isn't it? I found the same too. My block opened in 1951, the first on the Sidney North Estate (one the corner of Mile End Road and Sidney Street, the latter as in the Siege of Sidney Street in 1911). Built on the site of one of the first, and worst, bomb hits of the first night of the Blitz on the East End.

And speaking of railings, curious fact: on the ground they are recycled WW2 stretchers; that's the last time they replaced them. There is also a bomb shelter.

Interesting....I don't think we have that in our railings. Definitely no bomb shelter, alas... Was that built as a fallout shelter, or, in the immediate post war period, just planning for a generic bomb shelter in an era where conventional conflict seemed more likely?

Edward, unless we turn out to live in the same block, I intend to turn up to one of the London meets soon. Don't know if you ever go.

I do indeed - I think we're due one next week, actually - watch for the thread in the 'events' space.

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Edward, the shelter is WW2. Looks as though it's been blocked off for years; mainly noticeable as a grassy hump in front of one of the blocks. Keep imagining opening it and finding types in wide-lapelled suits etc asking: "Is it over yet?"

SJ

Edward

Bartender
Edward, the shelter is WW2. Looks as though it's been blocked off for years; mainly noticeable as a grassy hump in front of one of the blocks. Keep imagining opening it and finding types in wide-lapelled suits etc asking: "Is it over yet?"

SJ

Ha.... Sounds like the block was built around it, then. It would be interesting to open it up.... Did you see that article on the London news a few weeks ago? Somebody found a shelter that had just been closed during the war, left as it was an forgotten about. Sitting exactly as it would have been during the Blitz, made beds, kids' comics and everything. Wonder if there's something like that lurking in there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk