Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In search of British WWII Pattern 37 equipment!

Cobden

Practically Family
There's a shop in the UK called Sabre Sales (in Portsmouth) that have mountains of the stuff. They have a website (http://www.sabresales.co.uk/), though no online ordering system - however they do take email and telephone orders.

Very reasonable prices too.

PBI1944

New in Town
Cobden,

Much appreciated. I emailed the owner; apparently they don't ship to the U.S. He had great prices on P37. He said he still had tons of P37 in stock but never returned any of our emails about ordering from us. Argh. Were finding bits and peices of it at gunshows and of all places, at garage sales. Thanks for your help though!

Mick

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Try Soldier of Fortune www.sofmilitary.co.uk (the re-enactors pages). There seems to be mountains of 1937 Pattern webbing equipment about in the UK (some of it unissued, some reproduction), it just seems to be had to get it to the US!

Good luck!

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Just to add...early postwar dated webbing is the same as wartime (except the date!) and is usually a lot cheaper. If youa re re-enacting, rather than collecting, no-one will know the difference.

Later 1937 pattern webbing (it was issued through the 1980s) is ridiculously cheap, but has black Parkerised metal fittings. Suttler's store used to to sell brass buckles that could be used as replacements, but they went out of business last year (so why am I mentioning them?). EC Snaith sells the brass '37 belt buckles.

I hope this helps.

Matt_the_chap

One of the Regulars
I'd definitely recommend Soldier of Fortune, but only on the proviso that, if purchasing, you avoid their reproduction stuff. The brass fittings quite simply aren't up to the job. After buying an entrenching tool cover, the fitting snapped on my first attempt to fit it to the webbing. In the end I got a replacement to bulk out my pack and bought an original on eBay for a pound that's served me alright ever since.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Matt,

I agree about the webbing reproductions that SoF sell. We know where most of them are made, of course...

The clothing reproductions often seem to be shared with WPG. Better quality, but (to me) such a strange fit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran