Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In your CD player right now...

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
In the car:
Andrews Sisters
Aviator Soundtrack
Dance music of the 20's and 30's
2 different Renaissance music compilations Addi made for me
No Doubt
An international music compilation
and I forget what else...
(I have an 8 disk changer)

At home:
18th century top classical hits... or some name like that.

Rosie

One Too Many
PADDY said:
25 Original recordings, under the title of LADY ELLA. I just love her, she's hot, black and gorgeous, sensual, gets right under your skin to your soul and pricks you just in all the right places. I just adore her. Ella, I so wish I could have seen you live in concert :(

She's singing...BLACK COFFEE, as I type...:eusa_clap

Ahhhh, I too love Ms. Ella.

Actually, as I've been listening to too much "old" music, I've put my itunes and my ipod on shuffle so that I can get a chance to listen to different things since I tend to listen to the same music over and over. The problem though is according to my itunes, I have 14 days worth of music, so it's taking a while.

Today I heard some Stevie Wonder, Conya Doss, Donnie, Flaming Lips, Les Nubians and others.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Girl Friday said:
Sinatra and Armstrong at the Sands???... I think that is what is in the CD player on the balcony... we had to put misters out there so we can sit and drink and smoke...it's hot here!

Your avatar photo of Sophia and Jane is priceless! That photo cracks me up every time I see it!

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A compilation disc....

that contains the Searchers, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Paul Revere and the Raiders, Freddy and the Dreamers, Everly Brothers, Aliotta-Haynes-Jeremiah, Yardbirds, and....

Whoops!... my girl just replaced that with Rod Stewarts, "Great American Songbook"!!! Oh well!

-dixon cannon

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
what is a civil defense player?lol

In the van I have the best of Sam Cooke, the best of Nick Lowe, the best of Wagner and "7os Supergroups".
In my car I drive to work cassettes of Orff, Glenn Miller, and assorted radio shows.
In the house, next to the CD player is a Paul Whiteman Disc I got for cheap and (as always) Electric Light Orchestra. I've been rebuying the albums on CD since they have remastered and added tracks. Co-incidently "Rain is Falling" from E.L.O.'s Time album is playing on the computer. Time was the main album I used to always listen. On the Third day is the E.L.O. album over which I'm currently obsessing.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Dixon's Dame

Familiar Face
It's neat seeing what other people are listening to.

I'm a mostly an orchestral film soundtrack listener myself. At home right now I'm alternating between "The Blue Max" and "Take a Hard Ride," both by Jerry Goldsmith. In the car, it's "The Cassandra Crossing" and "Capricorn One," again by Goldsmith. I also have Glenn Miller, Jimmy Dorsey, and the Andrews Sister in the car, and a 4-disk music of WWII compilation by my work desk.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I have my turntable spinning at the moment. I'm playing my Goodwill finds from today: Sade, Grover Washington Jr., George Bensen and War. Yesterday was: Chaz Jankel, Fun Boy Three, Pat Metheny Group and Alan Parsons Project.

Rundquist

A-List Customer
The Wolf said:
In the van I have the best of Sam Cooke, the best of Nick Lowe, the best of Wagner and "7os Supergroups".
In my car I drive to work cassettes of Orff, Glenn Miller, and assorted radio shows.
In the house, next to the CD player is a Paul Whiteman Disc I got for cheap and (as always) Electric Light Orchestra. I've been rebuying the albums on CD since they have remastered and added tracks. Co-incidently "Rain is Falling" from E.L.O.'s Time album is playing on the computer. Time was the main album I used to always listen. On the Third day is the E.L.O. album over which I'm currently obsessing.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Nick Lowe. You're a man of rare taste. I like Sam Cooke too.

Salv

One Too Many
My current favourite iPod playlist is made up of the complete output of a 70s soul band called The New Birth, that I recently digitised from the original vinyl albums. All 11 original albums, plus two albums by a vocal group called Love, Peace & Happiness who joined the New Birth after their second album.

I'm waiting for a copy of Birmingham Sound: The Soul of Neal Hemphill Vol 1 about which I am ridiculously excited - a compilation of hopelessly obscure early 70s soul cut in Birmingham, Alabama. As part of the promotional work one of the singers on the CD - Ralph 'Soul' Jackson who recorded one of my all-time favourite records at that studio - will be making his first ever UK appearance next month. I'll be there! There's a nice story in The Chicago Reader giving the background to the release.

Brooksie

One Too Many
In my CD player right now I have two discs that I found at a thrift store a couple of months ago by the name of: From Ragtime To Wartime-The Good Old Songs (Volume one and two) by Squeek Steele and it is entirely piano (it sounds like old time player piano stuff) but I love it!!! I know I am just a nerd but what can I say? :)

Brooksie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL