Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy hat post em up

Duck

Practically Family
Thanks, R. It is very soft, eventhough the brim is about the thickness of a good western hat.

fatwoul

Practically Family
Hey Duck you look very pleased with your new JBD. I agree with RBH, that it suits you.

If you don't mind me asking, how was the service/wait-time on your hat from Jimmy? I've heard mixed things about this.

Duck

Practically Family
fatwoul said:
If you don't mind me asking, how was the service/wait-time on your hat from Jimmy? I've heard mixed things about this.

Thanks, fatwoul!!! I have heard the same things, but I bought this from someone over on COW. He had received it from Jimmy in May, and it just never fit his head. He wears a 7 1/4 and I wear a 7 1/8, and it fits me great.:D

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Duck said:
Here is my JPD that I just recieved. Love it!!!!
JPD.jpg

Who wouldn't? Your feelings are clear in your expression! Man and hat, happily married.

dean

Jerekson

One Too Many
I just reshaped my Akubra into an LC Venice style.

It's bene bugging me for a long time, because I've always loved the Raiders hat, but I've always thought the LC hat was more my style.

So I took a chance, and I'm quite happy with the results...pictures soon...

fatwoul

Practically Family
deanglen said:
...Man and hat, happily married...

Is that an actual pronouncement? Cos I think that would be an abuse of your position.

I mean, you didn't even do that bit that goes "If anyone here present knows of any lawful reason why this man and hat should not be bonded in matrimony speak now or forever hold your peace"

If you had, I'd have burst through the door and yelled "stop!"

Then I could have married that hat. :D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
fatwoul said:
Is that an actual pronouncement? Cos I think that would be an abuse of your position.

I mean, you didn't even do that bit that goes "If anyone here present knows of any lawful reason why this man and hat should not be bonded in matrimony speak now or forever hold your peace"

Then he might show up for your new Fieldmaster!!lol

LEUII

One of the Regulars
fatwoul said:

lol lol lol lol

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
I thought since everyone else was so honest ... I might finally come clean and admit that the Fed. Deluxe was purchased mainly due to the IJ influence.

If you can forgive the poor camera-phone quality, cats, mess on couch, ugly mug, and lack of smile, then here it is:

l_64dad48b312e7642eac37be7e3d4d996.jpg

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
It's still taller than my other crowns, but yes, it is a bit lower than most here on the lounge treat their Feds.
It is formed into a unique creation that I call an "Angular Teardrop" (meaning I was shooting for a diamond crease, but the felt wanted to stay round, so it's stuck in limbo between diamond and teardrop lol lol lol )

fatwoul

Practically Family
HamletJSD said:
...It is formed into a unique creation that I call an "Angular Teardrop" (meaning I was shooting for a diamond crease, but the felt wanted to stay round, so it's stuck in limbo between diamond and teardrop lol lol lol )

Whatever crazy name you give the bash, it looks good on you. ;)

The shape suits your face, and I think the brim works nicely too. Good job.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
HamletJSD said:
I thought since everyone else was so honest ... I might finally come clean and admit that the Fed. Deluxe was purchased mainly due to the IJ influence.

If you can forgive the poor camera-phone quality, cats, mess on couch, ugly mug, and lack of smile, then here it is:

l_64dad48b312e7642eac37be7e3d4d996.jpg
All my pics are lack of smile:D :D Nice hat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters