Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy hat post em up

m0nk

One Too Many
Here's my Fed 4, done up Raiders style. I'm still debating on getting a Herbert Johnson from adVintage or an Adventurebilt at some point.

Fed4_on.jpg

m0nk

One Too Many
Thanks. I've been checking others out here for a while and finally got mine a couple weeks ago. It's got a slight turn, tight pinch (hard to tell from the pic), and a little wear in it already... been wearing it every day.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Yeah, especially as we get into warmer weather, it's a great idea to change your hat out and let it breathe ... OK, let's be honest, to let the sweat dry.

Oh well, that just means you have a good excuse to get a different hat!

Sam

fenris

One of the Regulars
Here are a couple of my Indy hats... well, my only hats actually.

This is my first one, a Christy's Adventurer which I got 2nd-hand from a member at COW (Club Obi Wan; all my hats were from him actually). I literally killed this hat; got sat on multiple times, did a DIY reblock on it, brought it with me on a trip to the beach, etc. This is what it looks like now after a "reblock" a few weeks ago(but I haven't worn this for months!).

The Christy's is now on my Indy display shelf. The sweatband is too uncomfortable now to be worn.

---

Now here is the hat I've been wearing everytime I go out; an Akubra Fed IV Deluxe. This has been rained on and got totally drenched, it got sat on a few times, and mishandled by my 1yr old daughter. So far, so good.

---

Here's a Peters Bros that I only wore maybe three times. It kinda looks too big for me. It does fit, but it looks bigger than the other two. Also, I'm not too fond of the purplish tint to the ribbon.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I never checked in on this particular thread before. There are some great looking hats over here, gentlemen.

:yo:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Here's my Christy's adventurer. My first hat purchase, and it has a very tall crown, which is really a bit tall for me, but until I get my AB, this is is my Indy lid:

<-- thumbnail, click to enlarge

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Here's my Christy's adventurer. My first hat purchase, and it has a very tall crown, which is really a bit tall for me, but until I get my AB, this is is my Indy lid:

<-- thumbnail, click to enlarge
Nice hat and as always, you find some very nice backgrounds to have your picture taken.

Tone

A-List Customer
So is the official brim on the FED IV changed for good with the 2011 corrections to match the Akubra Adventurer or is there still a chance of accidentally receiving the old 2 3/4" X 2 1/2" shorty on some of their original fan designed specs still?

Do owners of the previous FED IV get a trade in for the corrected models or are they stuck with the first version of the FED IV?

Anyone own one of the first 2007's PLUS a 2011 version of the Federation?

Last edited:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
So is the official brim on the FED IV changed for good with the 2011 corrections to match the Akubra Adventurer or is there still a chance of accidentally receiving the old 2 3/4" X 2 1/2" shorty on some of their original fan designed specs still?

Do owners of the previous FED IV get a trade in for the corrected models or are they stuck with the first version of the FED IV?

What changes would those be? Hatsdirect still shows the specs on the Fed IV to be 2.5" x 2.75"

And what exactly makes this "incorrect?" Simply because the specs are not the same as the DM Adventurer? I don't follow your logic.

m0nk

One Too Many

My Fed IV has the 2 3/4" X 2 1/2" brim specs and I got it in the spring of this year. Personally, I sought out this hat as opposed to the Akubra Adventurer simply because of the brim sizes. I'm not a wider brim sorta person, but as I understand, the Federation hat was modeled after the specs provided by Steve Delk... so I don't know that they would change the specs.

I'm also still debating whether, for my next hat, to get the AB Henry, or a Christy's Swerford (based on the Adventurer but with the commonly requested "Indy" specs on crown height and brim widths). I'm still not sure I want to spend the $$ on the AB, even if it is their less costly branding, but I still want a hat that can take a lot of wear. I wear my Fed almost every day and rebashed it a few times, since I couldn't really decide which bash looks best (I reversed my previous bashing and went back to the "Raiders" look; it just looks better on the Fed, I think).

I've seen your posts elsewhere and know your a fan of the Christy's Adventurer, so I was wondering, do you know of anyone who has a Swerford? If so, do they like it?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24