Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy hat post em up

Stoney

Practically Family
So I had this hat body...

which has dark brown and a bit heavier than your normal fedora, but not quite as heavy as a cowboy hat. I originally intended to make a standard tall crown fedora with this until I saw how heavy the felt was. So why not an IJ type hat then. Given that my personal taste leans more toward the Last Crusade versions this is what I came up with. I would not care to post this over at COW since neither the hat, the shirt or jacket are screen accurate. The hat is still in IMHO a much better version than most any production hats I've seen.
This of course does not include the semi custom hats made by several of the better vendors.
HatOnHead.jpg

The actual color of the felt is very close in this second photo.
The nice thing about making your own hat at home is that you can put pretty much whatever you want in the liner since it's not being sold for profit.

liner.jpg

I suppose that the studio or Disney could still get miffed but I'm not too worried about it.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
looks like my IJ4 will be in sometime this week....i think i'm excited...i can't tell...i'm too numb to figure it out after I received the email that it will be on its way.

mark easter the shoeshine boy

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thought I should stick this one in here....

An unusual bit of memorabilia from the original 'Lost Ark'. This is the soundtrack cassette label with a IJ graphic that looks more like a Will Ferrel impersonation of Indy and the rather unique liner note credit given to composer John Williams by director Spielberg. Really quite clever!

IJ_cassette.jpg

IJ_Spielberg.jpg

-dixon cannon

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Methinks the database dumped my post!

So I'll post it again. Here is the cassette insert from a tape of the "Lost Ark" soundtrack.
The Indy picture looks more like Will Ferrel doing an Indiana Jones impersonation, don't your think?

IJ_cassette.jpg

The best part is the tribute to John Williams for his soundtrack score, written by Steven Spielberg himself.
Quite the bit of memorabilia just prior to the release of #4!

IJ_Spielberg.jpg

-dixon cannon

jpbales

Practically Family
My first hat

Here's my first fedora, inspired by Doctor Jones:
JimmyFedora2.jpg

JimmyFedoraPortrait2BW.jpg

JimmyFedoraPortrait2.jpg

I was afraid that I'd look doofy in this hat at first, but after some of these pictures I think the wide brim fits my face pretty well.

When I got it I was completely ignorant of all things hat, and it's one of those cheaper "Official" hats. Originally I got the "crushable" version, and I was extremely disappointed by the poor overall quality and the lame pin that came in the hat (which when taken off left gaping holes in the bow) so I got a nicer fur-felt one and got the pin seperate. I had to snip a few loose strings, re-bash and re-shape the crown, and finally did some of my magic to the bow, and now I like it a lot. Although the crown isn't as high, and the pinch resembles Last Crusade or TOD, I like it. I've seen pics of people with really nice Indy hats and some of them look doofy and it doesn't quite match them that well, so it may be good that it's not the exact same as Harrison's hat. The good thing about that is that I can say it's MY hat, and not a copy of someone elses. I wish I had 400 bucks to use to buy a real nice Indy hat from Adventurebuilt, but it's just not in the cards for me... yet. Besides, most people can't tell the difference anyway :D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy