Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy IV (beware... spoiler pics)

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
All this ToD talk reminds me of question I had. Indy has a sidekick killed at Club Obi Wan and talks about him as though they had known each other for a while. Was that character at least filled in any books?

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Interesting tidbit found over at TheRaider.net:

Lucasfilm has filed for six possible titles for Indiana Jones 4 with the Motion Pictures Association of America. The proposed titles include:

Indiana Jones and the City of Gods
Indiana Jones and the Destroyer of Worlds
Indiana Jones and the Fourth Corner of the Earth
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Indiana Jones and the Lost City of Gold
Indiana Jones and the Quest for the Covenant

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Girl Friday said:
I think disdain is maybe too strong a word, at least for me...movies should be entertaining, and that is exactly what all of these movies have been, to different degrees.

I agree ... Temple of Doom may be my least favorite but it still has its fun moments. And I liked Last Crusade.

If you want to "disdain" a sequel, go see Rush Hour 3

Edward

Bartender
Doctor Strange said:
Interesting tidbit found over at TheRaider.net:

Lucasfilm has filed for six possible titles for Indiana Jones 4 with the Motion Pictures Association of America. The proposed titles include:

Indiana Jones and the City of Gods
Indiana Jones and the Destroyer of Worlds
Indiana Jones and the Fourth Corner of the Earth
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Indiana Jones and the Lost City of Gold
Indiana Jones and the Quest for the Covenant

Sounds interesting.....

City of Gods / Lost City of Gold sound like Inca storylines - those would make sense as there's so much you could do with Indy and Inca stuff, and they've not done South America as the big basis for an Indy film...

Crystal Skull / Destroyer of Worlds / Fourth corner of the Earth.... could be anything, really. All sound like good titles though.

Quest for the Covenant.... wonder what that might be? In Raiders Indy was after the Ark of the Covenant... could it be possible they will link in a story for this final film to that? Maybe after 20 odd years (when is this film being set, I'd presumed 54 or later based on the kid's greaser look?), someone has found the Ark in that storage house, found some way of opening it (presumably the Nazis only incurred the wrath of God due to their impure intentions?) and discovered that the contents are gone? Indy going after the stone tablets on which the Ten Commandments were originally written would be a great basis for a film....

Of course, there's a possiblity that none of these is the correct title - I remember Lucas gave out "Revenge of the Jedi" for a long time as the title of Star Wars Ep VI, in order to throw the producers of pirate merchandise off. These could also be for video games, or tie-in novelisations, or something... Interesting titles, though, and it's great to see this project moving. :)

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rumor is that this movie will have a tie to the Ark storyline.

:eek:fftopic: I believe that 'Revenge of the Jedi' was actually a real title, but Lucas changed it at the last moment. There are movie posters in existence with 'Revenge' on them.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
AlanC said:

:eek:fftopic: I believe that 'Revenge of the Jedi' was actually a real title, but Lucas changed it at the last moment. There are movie posters in existence with 'Revenge' on them.
True. The though was, Jedis don't seek revenge.

Also, I know they used the name "Blue Harvest" for filming "Empire" so they wouldn't get overpriced for all the rental equipment.

I see that there is a teaser poster for Indy IV that is out with what looks like the crate of the ark, but who knows.

Edward

Bartender
AlanC said:

Oh, that would be great. And of course it would make sense, what with Marion cropping up again..... might also allow for a less hackneyed intro of the "son you never knew you had" sub plot than the usual kid turns up on doorstep routine...

What I heard must be urban legend, then. :)

Doh!

One Too Many
I have one of the notorious REVENGE of the Jedi posters. I got it through the Star Wars Fan Club for about 10 bucks back in the '80s. It's worth at least double that now.

And by double I mean a couple of hundred dollars.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
With just a slight difference...

vlcsnap2264418ex2.jpg

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Edward said:
Sounds interesting.....

City of Gods / Lost City of Gold sound like Inca storylines - those would make sense as there's so much you could do with Indy and Inca stuff, and they've not done South America as the big basis for an Indy film...

Crystal Skull / Destroyer of Worlds / Fourth corner of the Earth.... could be anything, really. All sound like good titles though.

<Snip>

Crystal Skull would be South America, as those enigmatic artefacts emanate from there. Destroyer of Worlds would suggest India as that is a common epiphet refering to Shiva in the Hindu religion. It could, however, refer to the A-bomb, as that quote 'Now I am become Death [Shiva] the Destroyer of Worlds' from the Bhagavad Gita was used by Robert Openheimer after seeing the first fruits of the Manhattan Project.

'Four Corners of the Earth' could imply that it is about people who are not very good at geography.

Alan

Smyat

One of the Regulars
Edward said:
LOVE the poster!
Interesting bash on the hat. Is that a diamond bash, or just a crumple of the traditional crease?

Funny that they transposed a number in the serial number. Not sure if it's meaningful or just a sloppy designer. [huh]

Edward

Bartender
Smyat said:
Interesting bash on the hat. Is that a diamond bash, or just a crumple of the traditional crease?

Funny that they transposed a number in the serial number. Not sure if it's meaningful or just a sloppy designer. [huh]

Who knows.... maybe it's the crate that they bring back whatever was missing from the Ark in?

Yeah, I noticed that about the hat too - at first I thought it was a diamond bash, though given they always stuck with a more trad crease before, I leaned to the view it was more a crumpled hat. Given the abuse Indy puts his hats through, and all.... ;)

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Slightly off-topic: Yesterday, I saw that in the 1938 movie Bulldog Drummond in Africa, the protagonist is wearing a diamond-"bashed" hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats