Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy IV (beware... spoiler pics)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
K.D. Lightner said:
Four Corners of the Earth? Maybe it has something to do with the Navajo lands in the Southwest? Or Hopi prophecy?

karol

That's what I was thinking, especially with much of the filming taking place in terrain that looks much like the southwest. Perhaps it has something to do with the Anasazi? :fedora:

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And about the number on the Indiana Jones 4 teaser poster & website; Lucasfilm says 9906573 is not meant to reflect the Ark of the Covenant at all. It is just another catalog number like the one seen on the crate containing the Ark in Raiders.

That seems a little hard to believe. Who would randomly come up with such a close number?

Travis

Suspended
AlanC said:
That seems a little hard to believe. Who would randomly come up with such a close number?

It seems to me that if you were going to use a number, you'd use the same number. They probably just used that number to get people talking more about the film. Any publicity is good publicity, right?

GwenLake

One of the Regulars
Doctor Strange said:
Interesting tidbit found over at TheRaider.net:

Lucasfilm has filed for six possible titles for Indiana Jones 4 with the Motion Pictures Association of America. The proposed titles include:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Herinteractive's next Nancy Drew game will be called "Legend of the Crystal Skull".
Coincidence? I think not!:p

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Travis said:
It seems to me that if you were going to use a number, you'd use the same number. They probably just used that number to get people talking more about the film. Any publicity is good publicity, right?

You might be right about that. With cult movies like this, fans microscopically analyse every tiny thing. If it's some marketing guru who has just switched numbers to get the fans worked up about the significance when there is none, it's some very, very sharp strategy and whoever thought it up knows his onions!

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Or maybe there's something in the story line where the numbers are transposed. Of course Lucasfilm will deny it if the switching of the numbers have anything to do with the story line, so for me the fact that they denied bears no significance until the movie comes out and I can actually see if the number thing was accidental or purposeful.

Lancealot

Practically Family
I thought you folks would get a kick out of this.

FxtrotJones.jpg

eniksleestack

One of the Regulars
Indy 4: The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

That's the just announced official title as of today, according to the official website: http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

Here's the real Crystal Skull:

crystalskullsmall.jpg

I saw it just by accident this summer when leaving the British Museum. I was a huge In Search Of... fan when I was a kid so I was stunned to see it just sitting there, basically stuffed into a corner, and all alone. I was disappointed to learn the experts now think it's a only a beautiful forgery. :(

I'm guessing Spielberg and Lucas are going to play it up as being real.

Doh!

One Too Many
Any word on a giant tarantula? I'd pay to see that.

Actually, I'm sure to pay to see the new one regardless.

Dr Doran

Marc Chevalier said:
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It doesn't exactly roll trippingly off the tongue, does it? :eusa_doh:

The K alliteration in Kingdom, Crystal, and sKull roll pretty well I think. Try it 45 times and it'll roll fine.

Dr Doran

Marc Chevalier said:
Hmmm ... maybe they should spell it as Kingdom, Krystal, and sKull.

No, wait: that looks too much like --

They're covered. Although Indy against the KKK could be pretty cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925