Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy IV (beware... spoiler pics)

Jovan

Suspended
I don't understand the thinking behind that. They cut out guns that are merely pointing at the characters, yet later Indy is clearly being SHOT AT by guns when he's running on top of those crates. :rolleyes:

Doh!

One Too Many
I think it's an MPAA rule: no guns pointed at characters in trailers and posters. The European version of the trailer is so innocuous, even with the pointed guns.

I guess we Americans should be thankful they weren't replaced by those walkie-talkies from E.T.

Jovan

Suspended
So they're not allowed to point guns but they can SHOOT at characters? Yeah, because that totally makes sense. :rolleyes: I'm not even going to start on how hypocritical the MPAA is these days.

On a better note, new poster. Very reminiscent of the classic poster designs used for the other films.

ij4-poster33.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
Indeed. I hope it does not become a lost art! Photoshop is a useful program, but it often lacks personality where it counts. Paintings also signal to the viewer that they put some effort into the thing. At least, for me. While I didn't like the Star Wars prequel trilogy as much, I appreciated the artwork that was created for it. I don't understand why they used a photo collage for the DVD covers!

I just looked at a behind the scenes video on the website. Shia can be seen briefly in a shirt and dark skinny tie, and if he's wearing a coat with it, too... :eusa_clap

I don't think I've ever seen Mr. LaBeouf in so much AS a shirt and tie.

Doh!

One Too Many
Painted one sheets are the best.

If Jaws were released today, I'm sure all the studio would give us would be a close-up of the three leads' heads with the caption: "3 Men. 1 Shark. You Do the Math."

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Cate Blanchett looks and sounds a little too much like a girlfriend from my distant past, and Shia Labouff's Al-Pacino-in-Cruising costume is a little, um, well, Al Pacino in Cruising, but the movie looks like a lot more fun than I ever would have bet it would be. Now I'm a believer; I'll be there to see it in a few weeks.

Edit: Oh yeah, The Link

Jovan

Suspended
Thanks for the link. I think this movie will be one of the biggest high points of this month for me. :)

By the way, all of what I said earlier about the effects... I can get a much better feel of with these longer cuts. Does not look fake or CGI to me, but still holds that "campy" flavour of the originals. I cannot wait.

-Jovan

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Doh! said:
If Jaws were released today, I'm sure all the studio would give us would be a close-up of the three leads' heads with the caption: "3 Men. 1 Shark. You Do the Math."

You're killing me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points