Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Info Re: Eastman A2 roughwear 1401P vintage warhorse

Hendrix

New in Town
Hi all,

I've been checking the ELC site, and this A2 (above) has really caught my eye. Very expensive, but looks fantastic. I've also checked Aero too, they have a particularly nice original contract 'real deal' A2 which is somewhat cheaper.

This has probably been discussed somewhere here in the past, but is there anyone with an experience of one or the other of these jackets and can advise, in their opinion, which is the better option? ELC seem to have a reputation of being more acccurate to the original, but is this the case compared to the Aero 'real deal'?

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The new ELC RW 1401-P is a superb jacket. ELC, GW and BK are among those in the premier league when it comes to A2 accuracy.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Haven't people been a bit sceptical about ELC's most recent offering though? The pocket placing on it was way out of whack, even by my untutored eye. That said, I'd go with ELC before BK, and GW before both of them.

Brettafett

One Too Many
I have a sample of that new vintage HH from ELC and it really is fantastic. Its my favourite so far, having compared a number of recent samples from all the top manufacturers. They offer it on the RW1401 and Werber. I have had a few ELC RWs before and didn't like the fits so much as I am a slim bloke and they all seemed a little 'roomy' and shoulder 'droopy'. Not that originals weren't... and apparently, since my last one in 2005, the patterns have undergone adjustments... Also ELCs knits seem to loosen out pretty quick compared to Aero's, but they are def more accurate of the two.
Say, you are in OZ, have you had any experience with Real McCoys/ The Few in NZ? Also seem to make some good jackets...

Hendrix

New in Town
Sadly no. I was (still am really) very keen on an anj4 from Real McCoys (or ELC for that matter!) John Lever posted a couple of great pics of some, including one from RM. Very sweet jacket. Sadly, for us, RM have discontinued that jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80