Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Instead of a baseball cap!

Originally posted by Paladin
As for when it was supposed to have taken place....since the first night game in professional baseball was played in 1935, and looking at the uniforms, autos and fashions, I would guess it was supposed to take place in 1936-37, around there.

Hobbs also came back 16 years after the shooting. That would mean the Babe Ruth type in the spats that he whiffed on three pitches would have had to been in the early 20's, no later. If it were any later, it would mean he had his only season in the 40's, and that just wasn't the case. So if you do the math, that makes it about 1936-1937.

Now I am beginning to get the era and the timeline straight in that movie. Thanks.

Regards to all,

J

Paladin

One of the Regulars
Man, what a topic here...we've gone from hats to music to movies back to music then movies again. Isn't this a great forum? These topic threads are more interesting than some of the in-person conversations I have with some of my friends. It's great that some guys from different parts of the country can hang out and chat about some varied mutual interests. Role out that cracker barrell!

Michaelson

One Too Many
Ok, ok, so I have 6 fingers on each hand...that makes it 1939 for me!(or was that '41?) LOL . In the hats situation, considering it was still the depression, the mix of 20's and 30's styles doesn't surprise me, as some folks had the bucks to replace their worn out head gear, and some didn't. I think it was well done. Regards. Michaelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80