Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing myself: necktie enthusiast and collector

Oskar 1910

New in Town
Hello everyone.
I’m new in town and I thought I’d introduce myself briefly. From southern Germany. My profession is editorial and typeface design, I’m interested in architecture, fine craft and ornamental arts. I fancy music by Henry Mancini and fine cooking as well … Scotch Whiskies and tasty cigars. And I’m an enthusiastic necktie collector.
I’d like to know if there is anyone else digging into neckties. I feel I still miss a lot of insights in terms of accurate dating certain pieces, to determine specific fabrics or backgrounds of manufacturers. I’d love to exchange thoughts with like-minded people here.
My collection currently counts ca. 600 pieces. I’m particularily interested in more older specimen, from around 1960 or earlier. I find those ties very smart, very beautiful and attractive. Of course, those ties from (obviously) before 1950 are most interesting … and just a dream to wear.
– I really look forward to meet you here and to enjoy inspiring conversations with you!
21-12.10_2_g - 7.jpeg

21-12.12. - 13.jpeg

21-12.10_1_g - 10.jpeg

Peacoat

Bartender
I have more of an accumulation of ties rather than a collection. Over the years I have accumulated probably 70 regimental and club ties. That's all I wore when I was working. The stripes were worn for more formal days and the clubs for informal days.

Welcome to the Lounge.

Oskar 1910

New in Town
Thank you gentlemen for this very warm welcome. Glad to be here!
Peacoat, would you care to explain to me what is the actual difference between regimental and club ties?
Here in Germany the two terms seem to get mixed somehow.

Oskar 1910

New in Town
very interesting and beautiful. The little motifs on the club tie, is it just ornamental or emblematic?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto