Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing the Aero Majestic!

Edward

Bartender
nRHcqko.jpg

They feel luxurious.

You know what you are? An ENABLER! ;)

Interesting belt arrangement on that jacket of yours.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Seinfeld has got a lot to answer for! I do think, however, that almost any high street bought jacket is going to cause you problems the moment you start putting it under any hard wear. Thin, split leather that passes for high end stuff will scuff unattractively or develop tears well before FQHH or even mid-weight starts to look a bit frail; suede's just the same: if you choose a poor quality sample, it's going to have trouble coping with the elements. Even some of the bigger vintage-y off-the-peg names have been known to use very poor materials to make jackets. But I'll say it again: I think it's mad not to Scotch Guard any item.

Edward

Bartender
Seinfeld has got a lot to answer for! I do think, however, that almost any high street bought jacket is going to cause you problems the moment you start putting it under any hard wear. Thin, split leather that passes for high end stuff will scuff unattractively or develop tears well before FQHH or even mid-weight starts to look a bit frail; suede's just the same: if you choose a poor quality sample, it's going to have trouble coping with the elements. Even some of the bigger vintage-y off-the-peg names have been known to use very poor materials to make jackets. But I'll say it again: I think it's mad not to Scotch Guard any item.

I think you'red right on the money with the Seinfeld reference! Definitely Scotch Guard; when I bought a pair of suede brogues some years ago, that was the first thing I did.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Additional Pic's of this posted today on the Aero Instagram account .. I think I might like the jacket better if the collar was suede also.. am I crazy?

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Additional Pic's of this posted today on the Aero Instagram account .. I think I might like the jacket better if the collar was suede also.. am I crazy?

Nah, I don't like the russet collar and trim too much either. I have been thinking about dark seal HH trim instead of all-suede, but I would take either version over the displayed one.

willyto

One Too Many
Suede jackets usually have the collar and inside area of the zipper in regular leather. Must be something to avoid quick damage to the areas of more abuse. I actually like that the side buckles are regular leather because those get abused really fast in suede.

If I had to order my own I would probably use goatskin for the collar too. Keep it the same leather.

NVMKHeW.jpg

e5y10M3.jpg

FE3WtPS.jpg

6sMxPiD.jpg

7u7HFlI.jpg

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
The leather sections ie...Collar, facings, pockets trim etc are not a secondary leather they are the same hide simply flipped over. This suede is very unique in that the reverse side has a full grain leather unlike most suede that have a nap on both sides. The collar etc are the very same hide as the body just reversed to show the grain. This is done to both give protection at high wear areas and also give slight two tone element. Other leathers such as horsehide are not an option as they would have a completely different characteristics in erms of drape, weight etc.

willyto

One Too Many
The leather sections ie...Collar, facings, pockets trim etc are not a secondary leather they are the same hide simply flipped over. This suede is very unique in that the reverse side has a full grain leather unlike most suede that have a nap on both sides. The collar etc are the very same hide as the body just reversed to show the grain. This is done to both give protection at high wear areas and also give slight two tone element. Other leathers such as horsehide are not an option as they would have a completely different characteristics in erms of drape, weight etc.

That makes a lot more sense. This hide could make for an interesting reversible jacket then.

D

Deleted member 16736

Would they do the whole jacket finished side showing? It would wear better, and probably look just as nice.

Edward

Bartender

It's a personal aesthetic preference - though note that the original jackets were all made this way as while the wearer could be careful to avoid staining the body, the collar and cuffs are parts of a jacket which will always gather sweat stains (think of a white cotton shirt that still looks clean by 6pm on a hot day, but when you look inside the cuffs and collar....). Making them smooth-side out keeps those especially vulnerable bits easy-clean.

D

Deleted member 16736

The smooth side bits should be in the rust color for contrast.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
They all look excellent! I think I prefer the rust over the sand though. Too bad I can’t buy anymore jackets for a time since I went all wild and got two new Aero’s in a short time. Otherwise I’d be all over that. I really like the idea of having a suede jacket.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Graemsay

Practically Family
Does anyone else think that the heavier weight Majestic goatskin would be great? I wonder if Aero has any of the sample hide left...

I'm liking the rust a lot. It looks a bit redder than the previous batch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points