Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

Mr. Dobbs

New in Town
I'd like to introduce myself. I'm ten years old. My dad is a member (serge), he has biltmores, dobbs, stetsons, disney's and unfortunately only one Art Fawcett so far. For christmas he bought me a hat on that auction site. It was listed as a womens wool hat. What it is, is a Dobbs fifteen gamebird. When I opened the box, to my surprise, it was exactly what I wanted for Christmas! Now my dad says he is jealous and wants Mr. Fawcett to make one like it for him. Here it is (I hope). Have not tried this before. http://cgi.ebay.com/WOMENS-VINTAGE-...3QQihZ019QQcategoryZ74972QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Welcome young man

You cant start too young! Have fun and enjoy yourself with whatever lid you have!! Again welcome aboard!!!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome,Benvenuto,Willkommen,Bienvenido,Ahlan Wa Sahlam

:eusa_clap A superior Christmas gift & a very nice example for a first hat, good-on-ya', it pays to start early! :eusa_clap as a wise man here once said -once your fontenelle closes, you are old enough for a fedora.
I grew up down in Athens, so greetings from a fellow Bulldog trapped in a sea of Tennessee orange!

Regards,

Rick

feltfan

Mr. Dobbs said:
I'd like to introduce myself. I'm ten years old. My dad is a member (serge), he has biltmores, dobbs, stetsons, disney's and unfortunately only one Art Fawcett so far. For christmas he bought me a hat on that auction site. It was listed as a womens wool hat. What it is, is a Dobbs fifteen gamebird. When I opened the box, to my surprise, it was exactly what I wanted for Christmas! Now my dad says he is jealous and wants Mr. Fawcett to make one like it for him. Here it is (I hope). Have not tried this before. http://cgi.ebay.com/WOMENS-VINTAGE-...3QQihZ019QQcategoryZ74972QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Nice hat and nice post. You're lucky to be size 6 7/8. A lot of
vintage hats are available at reasonable prices in that size.

I must note that you are not only getting a head start (if you will)
on hat collecting, you are also ahead of most members here in the
areas of spelling and grammar.

Looking forward to your posts.

DOUGLAS

That is a fantastic post young man! You seem to be starting your hat collecting on a strong note. Congratulations

Mr. Dobbs

New in Town
Thanks...

Thanks everybody for saying that it is a wonderful hat. I enjoy it as well .I am suprised the person who bought it for me is jealous of it and wants Mr. Fawcett to make him one like mine!
Feltfan-Thanks for the compliments. I am in the AP class at school and I am an 11th grade reader + writer. Plus, like my dad says "when in doubt, find out".;)

Blackhorse

One of the Regulars
Mr. Dobbs -

Welcome to the Forum. I enjoyed seeing your post and your new hat. At ten, you are an accomplished writer...your style is clear, concise and interesting...good job!

On the dark side, starting in on hats at ten will surely cause you to collect mass numbers of items during your career. I strongly recommend two things. First, securing some sort of warehouse at a negotiated fixed rent so in future years you will have cost effective storage available to you. Second, get a good education so that by adding to your already accomplished level of journalism, you will be able to afford your new hobby!!!

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner