Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
hYsVh8l7ew1MZMs.jpg

Yes I have a co worker who wears a robo cap all the time. He is a big biker and loves his Harley. Its a fun take a a cadet cap.

howardeye

Practically Family
Welcome HowardEye....interesting caps.
Your size chart seems off to me.
I am a 61cm/24"/7 5/8 but your "Hat Size Equivalent" for XL says 7 3/4 for 23" head....
My experience is more in line with the chart on this page = http://www.everythingaustralian.com.au/fitting.asp

I am sorry. I gave you the wrong info about the sizes. The extra large size on the website was correct. The reason is the Robo Cap has a velcro adjustment closer on the back to give it a larger range of fit in the 4 sizes.

stevew443

One of the Regulars
I would like to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Steve and I live in the eastern Panhandle of WV. I have been interested in hats all my life, but it has been only very recently that I became truly enamored with trying to dress well and trying to bring a little style into the world around me. I am 60 years old, so I remember a time when men dressed in a much better style than they do now. My primary hat collection leans toward fedoras and Panamas but I do have a couple of bang around hats that I use when working in the yard or heading off to the hardware store. I work as a Help Desk tech for a government agency, working night shift (by choice). I love this job because it pays well enough to keep the house, and after 30+ years in IT, it is nice to have fewer headaches. I pretty much just answer emails and create requests now. No more worries about hackers trying to break into the company's network.

Anyway, that is me, just an old pipe smoking, bow tie wearing fart who wants to go back to a classier time.

By the way, my hat tonight is a Stetson Whippet.

JoshD

New in Town
Well. Just wanted to say "Hi".

Joined mainly for the fedoras. Stayed for everything else.

American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!!

I am a Veteran of the Iraq war. Still serve my State and Country.

I have always loved fedoras. My wife nearly dispises them.

I am currently looking for a new one to buy. (I have a couple of older ones that I bought new. They need a little tweaking on the size to fit right)

I would like to buy it from a brick and mortar store so I can go in and try a few on. (Consider me old fashion. But I like to so business that way)

Nice place y'all have here. Hope to see y'all around.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Well. Just wanted to say "Hi".

Joined mainly for the fedoras. Stayed for everything else.

American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!!

I am a Veteran of the Iraq war. Still serve my State and Country.

I have always loved fedoras. My wife nearly dispises them.

I am currently looking for a new one to buy. (I have a couple of older ones that I bought new. They need a little tweaking on the size to fit right)

I would like to buy it from a brick and mortar store so I can go in and try a few on. (Consider me old fashion. But I like to so business that way)

Nice place y'all have here. Hope to see y'all around.
Welcome Sir,I'm the person that gave you the phone #s for your stores in Jackson.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Hi, all!

Brand-new poster here. I've been lurking for a time, and I've learned quite a bit, from quality of hats to sizing and so on. I'm finally thinking it's time to pull the trigger on a vintage hat, so I've been watching eBay, Etsy, and the Classifieds here. At any event, it's nice to be here!

Best,
Aaron

Parsa

New in Town
I've been reading the forum for a while and decided to post an intro. I've been a member of C.O.W. for a long time, and own quite a few hats, including a Peters Bros. beaver Indy fedora. I just got a new Akubra Banjo Paterson on ebay, and am waiting on its arrival ($76 with free shipping... how did I manage that?). I live in Escondido, California in San Diego County.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Welcome, Parsa! I lived in Escondido and San Marcos for 20 years before heading to the Midwest. Nice deal on the hat!

Aaron

TINML

New in Town
Hello all. I've gotten into wearing hats after seeing Jakob Dylan rock them. I've bought 3 all from Worth & Worth but I'm still a novice Im hoping I could post a few pics to get some feedback from the other members. Thanks in advance!

allen319

New in Town
New to the forum. Not a hat guy but my wife took me for a fedora fitting to Optimo Hats in Chicago after Christmas. On February 2nd, I pick up a charcoal grey International style fedora. I was shocked when I tried on the different hats and how well they looked. So,I guess I am now a hat guy. I am already thinking of getting a straw teardrop fedora for the summer months. Anyone been to Optimo? Can't find anything negative about Graham Thompson and his craft. Tiffany sold me this hat and she was absolutely delightful and helpful.

New to the forum. Not a hat guy but my wife took me for a fedora fitting to Optimo Hats in Chicago after Christmas. On February 2nd, I pick up a charcoal grey International style fedora. I was shocked when I tried on the different hats and how well they looked. So,I guess I am now a hat guy. I am already thinking of getting a straw teardrop fedora for the summer months. Anyone been to Optimo? Can't find anything negative about Graham Thompson and his craft. Tiffany sold me this hat and she was absolutely delightful and helpful.

You, sir, are a lucky man, Allen. She's a KEEPER! I truly wonder how many of us here could say that our wife(s) bought us our first hat...?
As you pensively peruse these pages, you will see how well thought of Optimo hats are here. You will also see that there are many fine options available (Art Fawcett, Etc.) to tell your wonderful wife about.

And, yes, Tiffany is a real sweetheart!

Best wishes on your new affliction, and welcome to the Lounge.

ZAZ

New in Town
Hello everyone. I've had the desire to get myself a "real" hat for awhile. Every time I had a question my searching always left me at this forum so I figured I should join. My Akubra Cattleman showed up yesterday and I have found it looks great with casual wear. However, I am thinking I need a fedora as well, so my search is not over.

Walt

One of the Regulars
Hello everyone. I've had the desire to get myself a "real" hat for awhile. Every time I had a question my searching always left me at this forum so I figured I should join. My Akubra Cattleman showed up yesterday and I have found it looks great with casual wear. However, I am thinking I need a fedora as well, so my search is not over.

Welcome to the club. Many of us (probably most) have walls, closets and rooms filled with hats!

ninly

New in Town
Hi all. I've had a thing for hats of all kinds for my whole life, but after a nearly decade-long tryst with fitted ballcaps (gasp!) mixed with whatever I've had lying around, I find myself easing back toward classier fare.

I'm quite find of my Harris tweed hat (see avatar), and would love a full suit someday. I have a couple of wool-felt fedoras that I bought a dozen years ago. Learning that I could reshape them myself (one, a grey Mallory-Stetson, had got rather formless, and I revived it with a telescope crown) was part of what led me to this forum. I'll be looking for a nicer fur-felt fedora soon enough, I'm sure. For the first time in my life, I have discovered a hankering for a western-style hat, too.

I've actually made a lot of hats with knitting or crochet, though not much in the past few years.

Born in upstate New York, lived in Brooklyn for several years, now in North Alabama. Other interests: fountain pens & ink, music composition & theory, medieval history & reenactment, and amateur radio. Nice to meet you all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff