Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

baileybum

New in Town
Newbie Intro & Dealer Advice Sought

Hello I'm Ron and I've been a hat person for the majority of my 51 yrs. I have been through several styles and types throughout my time but mainly baseball styles as a youngster & a few cowboys. That was until my 40's when I gravitated toward safari, Aussie and finally wide brim fedora styles. But now I am mainly into Baileys. Once I owned my first one I was hooked. They seem to be a near perfect balance of quality, style and value for me. My most recent is the classic gangster design/model. I like to wear their wide brim straws for good sun protection during the warm sunny months but needed (wanted) a handsomely styled cool weather hat and chose this one. Anyhow, I would like to ask the members here what online shop/s that you favor for an overall satisfying experience for Bailey and other brands. I am looking for fair competitive prices, decent selections and mostly good/fair customer service including return and exchange policies.

Please let me know and "Happy Holidays"

Best,
Ron.

tuco1963

One of the Regulars
welcome baileybum 51 here myself and i highly recommend akubra
im happy with my used akubra so i ordered a new safari from sam at everything austrailian
three month wait but quality is worth it

WarHorse

New in Town
Another New Guy.....

Been cruising the site for a few days and finally found the Intro page.

I'm a big fan of hats and have several different kinds (well hundreds if baseball caps are counted). I'm in the Army so I wear one everyday as part of the uniform. (As a Cavalryman few, if any of my hats, hold the sentimental value of my Stetson. It carries the dust of two Iraq deployments and one to Afghanistan and I refuse to clean it.) In addition to uniform requirements, I'm relatively pigmentally challenged (read that as "very pale skinned") and a good hat keeps the exposure down.

I'm a huge fan of anything vintage, love the style and tastes of bygone eras, and am totally intreged by what I've read on era specific clothing on this site, very interesting. As a couple of exmples I have a house built in 1850 and a 1950 Olds 88 Rocket that is patiently waiting to be renovated. I just don't think they make things like they used to.

As for hats, I have some off-brand/no brand felt fedora style hats, but am now looking for a high quality, vintage hat to add to the collection (thanks to some time spent here on the board). In the "personal style department" - that's the challenge for me since I don't have any single style. From day to day I can be found in anything from western clothes to biker attire (I love to ride).

Anyway - I enjoy the forum immensely and look forward to seeing you all around.

V/R
Ted

RJR

Welcome WarHorse and thank you for your service.Over time I'd guess you'll find any number of lids here that may trip your trigger.

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Hi,

Just joined this community forum yesterday and wanted to say hi. I have read a lot on here already and the information is tremendous. I recently got hooked on felt hats, not sure what it is but they are great looking. I don't own one yet as recently was just a couple of days ago. I was excited to find a website for a hatter in Seattle since I live nearby only to find out that hatter Alexander Conley III had passed away only a few months back. I had watched a youtube video with him in it and immediately I was in awe but also felt as though I had been robbed of meeting a good man and a great hatter. So I am beginning my personal journey to make my own hat or hopefully hats.

I look forward to reading more posts and asking a bunch of you questions.

Art Fawcett if you are reading this, I will save up to buy a hat from you and make the 8 hour trip to pick it up so I can meet you in person. :)

Cheers!

pnbarber

New in Town
I'm new here too. I've been reading many of the threads and find them really interesting.

I will be buying my first new hat soon, leaning toward the Akubra Banjo Paterson or at least that style. But I will say after looking at some of the beautiful fedoras posted, I will probably have to add at least one of those also.

michael78

One of the Regulars
Introduction from new member

Hi I'm Mike from the UK, Liverpool to be more precise. Also new to hats, looking forward to finding out all about the different makes etc.

Regards

Mike :)

stratcat

One of the Regulars
Welcome, from not far north of you in rainy Cumbria!
I've not been here very long myself and I've learnt so much just from reading the old threads. In fact I'd say that if you can't find the info here, you'll not find it anywhere.
Careful though, before you know it you'll have more hats than you know what to do with :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80