Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to the Lounge! Odds are that before you know it you will be posting photos of your vintage finds and discussing the merits of wide ribbons vs thin or vice-versa, high crowns vs. low, etc...once you have felt on the brain there's no going back!

Enjoy the wealth of knowledge and friendly people here and remember, the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Yep. Welcome to the lounge! You should know there are many members from the UK that hang around the lounge and they meet up at times. You'll fit right in. As my Husband and I both say..this is the place to be!

RJR

You need 15 posts before you can upload pics.Just comment on several threads until you get there.

Hi, I am new to the forum, not new to hats but stumbled on the forum researching for info on new finds. I have bought a bunch of hats in the search for a style that works for me. The great aspect of Ebay that anything I purchase that does not work is just relisted. I have to eat the shipping but that is a small price to pay. I have a collection of middlilng quality used and new;
3 Akubras, Boomerang, Madison and Sydney
1 Borsalino "Giiuseppe" that I would love to find out more on its provenance/quality level. Any ideas out there?
2 Beaver Brand
a Miller, a Robert Hall, a Biltmore, a Stetson Barcelona (I am saving to get Art to make me one just like it, can't decide on a colour yet, would love to find out more on the quality of the Barcelona from the 80's.
I am so glad to have found this forum, it is a gift.

Beardog

New in Town
Hello everyone! Another new forum member here. I found the forum while searching the web for some hats. I am a little over 50 years old, fair skinned, and now have very thin hair on top. I have worn ball caps, a Tilly hat, and a waxed cotton "Indiana Jones" type hat for several years. I am moving into Fedoras and Porkpies as of now! I'll post a photo under the "Hats" forum shortly. to get some hat ideas. I have been browsing here for a couple of days, and love the site.

Knotten

Practically Family
I'd like to say hello, too. I'm a balding 50-something who has been wearing hats for awhile now; got a little collection that includes a Penman, a Northwest Hats creation, a new vintage Premier Strat, Akubra Stylemaster and a few sundry others. I thought I was the lone oddball with a patient wife until I discovered this lounge. I've learned a lot already by mostly lurking for awhile. Looking forward to becoming acquainted.

LeBois46

One of the Regulars
I have learnt, I am learning and I shall continue to learn from the posts on the Fedora Lounge. My nicest fedora is a Brent Black Monticristi production. As I live in a fairly sunny location of the country I have gotten tired of having "things" taken off my head, my ears and my neck to often to go without chapeaux. I have several other Panama hats of lesser quality and am acquiring some fur fedoras as well. It does rain here believe it or not and when it does, well just remember the Beach Boys song, "It Never Rains in California". That will mess up a nice Panama big time. Besides, fedoras are cool looking in addition to making wearer cooler in more ways than one.

se couvrir

One of the Regulars
Hello to all. I’ve called in to the Lounge several times, found much of interest so have joined.
I bought my first fedora, a Dunn copy of a Frank Sinatra in ’62 when I was in my late teens (yes, I am that old and was out of fashion even then!). I eventually wore caps out of convenience, but came back enthusiastically to fedoras in later years.
I have several fedoras from the USA and Europe, from Cavanagh and Knox stingies through Pilgrim and Wormser OR clones, Dunn, Bates and Borsos to one of the last made-under-licence, European, 100% beaver felt Stetsons, a Roxboro (beautiful, fine felt).
Finest hat is a pristine Resistol OR clone in silverbelly. A little too small for me at 6 7/8 LO, but I believed it so unique that I just had to have it (you guys are familiar with that sentiment). It‘s in a high quality, Stylite, leather locking carry-case, and case, liner and sweatband are personalised to an individual and a ranch in Texas. Origin is definitely post ’54, so I imagine from the sixties. Quality is “Beaver Supreme,” of which I can find no mention, even in the Resistol Roundup. All is of such high standard that I think it most likely that it was manufactured to be formally presented.
When I find my way around posting photos, perhaps someone in the Lounge might have more info on this vintage Resistol.
Anyway, looking forward to lounging and learning.

Chris.

Love (for hats) has no season, no rhyme nor no reason.

I joined the forum a month or so ago and have found it to be such a great source of information. I have a minor collection of fedoras that is now bordering on addiction but I guess one could do worse!
4 Akubras, a Madison, a Sydney, a Boomerang and a Campdraft in transit
1 Borsalino Giusseppe
2 Robert Hall's stingy brims
1 Biltmore
1 Miller Homburg
1 Donegal tweed cap
3 Panama, trilby, optima and a plantation
1 Stetson Barcelona
1 Beaver brand Homburg in a ghastly mustard yellow (an ebay purchase gone horribly wrong)
1 Beaver western hat
1 fedora of unknown vintage and manufacture but wonderful felt that I picked up on ebay for $20 and invested $50 in a new sweat band and cleaning
1 Pith helmet - british/indian provenance
I think the next one will be a custom from Art or Black Sheep Hats

RJR

Welcome to the Lounge,belfastboy.You have a nice collection started and you surely can't go wrong with either custom hatter you mention.

FWJames

New in Town
Hello. I've been lurking for quite a while and figured it was time to create an account. I started looking for a Tom Baker, Doctor Who hat about a year ago and after some encouragement from my wife ended up with a Peters Brothers Indy custom hat last month. I'm still getting used to the feel of the hat, but I love how it looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80