Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Soggy, welcome to FL from the desert southwest. I have some faint recollection of what rain is, but haven't seem any for a while. I believe that you'll enjoy the lounge.

srserl

New in Town
Hi from CA. I bought a Panama this spring for sun protection and found the FL while searching for a winter hat on the internet. This is a very bad influence as I now have about a dozen hats on my ebay watch list...might even bid on one or two.

Greetings,

Scott

bkfist

New in Town
Greeting all. New member here from Iowa. I've never owned or worn a hat, except an old oil cloth Australian out-back hat that i would wear out to the barn years ago when it was raining/snowing and I was doing chores with some sheep/goats we had on an acreage, but that was just to keep rain/snow off my head/face. (I don't count wearing a baseball cap while actually engaged in play playing little league baseball when I was 9 or 10 years old) - I am now 47 years old.

I've always felt someone wearing a hat or a cap (NOT a baseball cap) looked classy and took a plunge last weekend by searching out and finding a hat store last weekend. (I live in Iowa, and trying to find a store that carries classic hats is darn near impossible. Cowboy yes, baseball caps, yes, but nothing like a fedora or a driving cap. I finally found one nice place in Des Moines that I located.)

The lady at the store was very very helpful, allowing me to try a great number of different styles & colors. Despite the hour we spent in the store, I actually ended up purchasing the 2nd hat that I tried on, a Borsalino light felt hat.

I still feel a bit self-conscious wearing the hat, as I've never worn one before, but I'm adjusting to it, and have received only compliments from people who know me and have seen me in the hat.

I hope to learn and become more comfortable with wearing the hat and hat etiquette as time goes on. (Yes, I have found the discussion on etiquette.)

BR Gordon

One Too Many
bkfist, Welcome to FL. This is the perfect place to learn all of the ins and outs of hats. The more you wear your hats the more comfortable you'll become. Congradulations, you've taken the first step.

BR

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
The lady at the store was very very helpful, allowing me to try a great number of different styles & colors. Despite the hour we spent in the store, I actually ended up purchasing the 2nd hat that I tried on, a Borsalino light felt hat.

I still feel a bit self-conscious wearing the hat, as I've never worn one before, but I'm adjusting to it, and have received only compliments from people who know me and have seen me in the hat.

Great choice ... Enjoy your new Borsalino (and welcome aboard)!

:yo:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Good first choice on the Borsalino I love mine and as you read the threads here you will be able to be less self conscious as you see people here wearing hats. It will become second nature and you will start to think about the color of the clothes you are wearing and it your hat compliments your outfit.

bkfist

New in Town
Thanks for the welcome, everyone. Even after only a few days of wear, the hat is definitely becoming more comfortable to wear. I don't mean in a physical way, but rather psychologically. Physically it was comfortable right from the start after the shop added just a touch of padding under the hatband.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the welcome, everyone. Even after only a few days of wear, the hat is definitely becoming more comfortable to wear. I don't mean in a physical way, but rather psychologically.

Exactly, the more you wear it the more it will become a natural expression of yourself.

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
more welcomes BKFIST , your gonna love this place i know i do,
You will indeed get more and more comfortable in your chosen lids.
Here is the other end of the stick i just don't feel right with out mine , if i leave in a hurry with out my hat i will stop in the driveway and go back in the house to get a hat. Every time and im glad of it.

Bob Beecher

One of the Regulars
I've only started wearing hats recently, too. My wife used to say, "So, are you going to be wearing a hat every day?" Now, I've caught her saying, "Don't forget your hat" as I leave the house.

She used to give me a sideways glance when yet another box showed up in the mail. I just reminded her of the giant shoe collection she's amassed.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've only started wearing hats recently, too. My wife used to say, "So, are you going to be wearing a hat every day?" Now, I've caught her saying, "Don't forget your hat" as I leave the house.

She used to give me a sideways glance when yet another box showed up in the mail. I just reminded her of the giant shoe collection she's amassed.

Obviously, hats are more important than shoes. It should be an easy argument to win.

Bad Co

One of the Regulars
Hello All !
New member from S.C. My name is Jimmy
Happy to be a part of this forum.
I've worn and collected hats since 1989 but never really knew anything about them until I found this sight. Happy to have found folks of similar interests

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Hello All !
New member from S.C. My name is Jimmy
Happy to be a part of this forum.
I've worn and collected hats since 1989 but never really knew anything about them until I found this sight. Happy to have found folks of similar interests

Your story is very similar to my own. Welcome aboard! :yo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy