Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

JollyGreenSlugg

New in Town
G'day folks,

I'm delighted to have found this forum, and have been excitedly reading threads here for the last few days. As silly as it sounds, I almost feel that I've found 'home'.

I'm a forty year-old Aussie, living in a small country town halfway between Melbourne and Sydney, Australia's two biggest cities. Like so many people here, I have a fascination with the Golden Age, and grew up with a love of history, which was strengthened with stories from my grandparents. My grandfather wore a suit and hat whenever he went out, and this stood out in the late 70s and early 80s, when he'd take me on trips to Melbourne, from the suburbs where I grew up.

I'm particularly interested in military history and have a bit of a collection of firearms and militaria. I'd be very interested in branching into the civillian side of 1940s collecting, and am trying to get a grasp of the fashions of the late-30s to the late-40s. More so in general wear rather than 'stepping out' styles.

I'll continue to read with interest, ask questions where appropriate and join in discussions where welcome.

Are there any other Aussies here?

Cheers,
Matt

58FURY

Familiar Face
I just found the place where I ought to have said my initial hello.
Like many of the messages I've read here, after many attempts at finding vintage clothes (the Fifties is my thing) I always came across this forum.
I figured it's about time I joined up.

I live East of London UK and have a few links to resources I'd like to share, I'll start posting a few in relevant threads now.

I also own a couple of Classic American cars to complete the image.

I can't seem to be able to upload pictures at the moment.

Knowing VBulletin I may need to make a few more posts soon.

Nice to meet you all.

Lee.
UK.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hey, welcome Lee - I'm an Essex guy as well, I grew up over in Harwich before moving to the US 20 odd years ago.
This is a nice community so I hope you stick around!

58FURY

Familiar Face
Thanks David.
I intend living in the US someday.
I think I was an American in a previous life and have visited more than 10 times.
How international is this forum? Strikes me as though it's a good mix from what I've seen so far?

I live in Tiptree, famous for it's Jam (preserves).

I think I'm going to enjoy myself on the forum judging by the hellos I've received here and elsewhere.

I've got some reading to do though.

Cheers!

Lee.

PS, I've just managed to get one of my cars into my Avatar.....It's in Tennessee at the moment, it's restoration is almost complete, 5 years in the making, I'll ship her over within the next few months hopefully.

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks David.
I intend living in the US someday.
I think I was an American in a previous life and have visited more than 10 times.
How international is this forum? Strikes me as though it's a good mix from what I've seen so far?

I live in Tiptree, famous for it's Jam (preserves).

I think I'm going to enjoy myself on the forum judging by the hellos I've received here and elsewhere.

I've got some reading to do though.

Cheers!

Lee.

PS, I've just managed to get one of my cars into my Avatar.....It's in Tennessee at the moment, it's restoration is almost complete, 5 years in the making, I'll ship her over within the next few months hopefully.
Hello. There are so many "seasoned" individuals here on the Lounge, I have found it a great asset to be here, read and learn so much about many topics (not just about the Fedora Hats) but anything from cars, clothing and other venues in life. Good to see anyone new, as I am still fresh out of the oven here, myself!

galahad

New in Town
Howdy Y'all

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

My name is Tom and I'm from Texas. I'm West of Houston in Ft. Bend County.

I'm retired and have lots of time to indulge my hobbies. A while ago I was deep into hot rods and the result is a '53 Studebaker that, sadly, I don't drive anymore. My current "active" hobby is gun collecting so I'll probably head over to the thread on firearms and post a couple of pictures.

But my "passion" (besides my brilliant, wonderful wife) is collecting "cowboy" hats. I know many (most?) here are into the Fedora and similar hats so, knowing me, as I learn more about them I'll probably veer off into new areas. My pride and joy is a Stetson Diamante but I have a few others that are just a step or two away from that hat. Seeing that many, many of you folks use pictures of yourself as your avatar I'll see if I can get a pic and figure out how to post it.

Anyway, that's me. I spend most of my time over on my own boards (www.sksboards.com) but The Lounge is now firmly ensconced on my bookmark bar and I expect to be here pretty often.

Tom

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Tom, Welcome to FL, I think that you'll find plenty of folks here that enjoy western hats, and as you said, you'll probably learn to love the fedora.

BR

soggy

New in Town
Hello all, new to the Forum and wanted to say "HI". I have always liked hats and have peeked in the lounge quite a few times. Figured it was time to join so I can take advantage of all the knowledge. Later

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Hello all, new to the Forum and wanted to say "HI". I have always liked hats and have peeked in the lounge quite a few times. Figured it was time to join so I can take advantage of all the knowledge. Later

Welcome, soggy! I'm up here in Rainland, USA also, but not yet soggy this year. We both know it's on the way, though. Ah well, the Lounge is dry, at least, a good place to pass some rainy hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael