Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

Erik Borda

New in Town
I think this is the place where i introduce myself. First of all, sorry for my english, i can do a lot of mistakes sometimes. Well, i also must admit that im a little bit lost about this site, hehe, where, i write and so on, but i will get used...
I cant describe how happy i was when met this site yesterday, ive never thought it could really exist. Im kind of lonely about my style, hehe. I love the golden age, hats, EVERYTHING. At the moment i have 3 hats, one panama and two fedoras, a the indy brown one and a Gardel style gray one. Well, anyway, i also have a lot of things related to this magical period of our history. So you get it how i am, i cant hide my happines at this post... hehe, Im 17 years old, 18 pretty soon... So a little bit far from the style of the young people, because, i really wear hats, trench coats and so on... Anyway, i wont say anymore for while. Just for you guys know im here...

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think this is the place where i introduce myself. First of all, sorry for my english, i can do a lot of mistakes sometimes. Well, i also must admit that im a little bit lost about this site, hehe, where, i write and so on, but i will get used...
I cant describe how happy i was when met this site yesterday, ive never thought it could really exist. Im kind of lonely about my style, hehe. I love the golden age, hats, EVERYTHING. At the moment i have 3 hats, one panama and two fedoras, a the indy brown one and a Gardel style gray one. Well, anyway, i also have a lot of things related to this magical period of our history. So you get it how i am, i cant hide my happines at this post... hehe, Im 17 years old, 18 pretty soon... So a little bit far from the style of the young people, because, i really wear hats, trench coats and so on... Anyway, i wont say anymore for while. Just for you guys know im here...

Welcome to the Lounge. You ought to find some interesting discussion about styles here.

Dronak

Familiar Face
Hi, new member here. I came across this forum while searching for some more information on hat etiquette after buying a new one this weekend -- a leather fedora, which I think is actually a trilby, from Wilsons Leather. I do have a few other hats, but rarely wear them. One is some type of flat cap, not sure exactly what style, which I would usually wear in lighter rain or mist to keep my head and eye glasses from getting wet. Two are, I think, felt fedoras, one white and one black, and I normally don't wear them (they're kind of old, not exactly well kept, and the black one's too small now). The other is a top hat that was worn at my wedding; I purchased a small extra package of top hat, gloves, and plastic cane with my wedding morning suit rental then. My wife didn't really like the look of my existing hats or most we've seen in stores for regular wear, but we've kept an eye open for something good. When we saw the trilby in the store, she and my parents who were visiting at the time thought that looked OK, so we got it and I've started wearing it out. Frankly, I registered here in order to use the search function, to make it easier to find more information that's probably already posted here. I'm not sure I'll post here much, but I do hope to find useful information and will try to at least stop by now and then.

Harper Hurst

New in Town
The New Guy.

Hi, I'm the new guy here. I haven't done much digging around in the threads yet, but I might be a young'un compared to everyone else here, considering I'm only 16. In the past year I've acquired a taste for those old toppers known as fedoras. I got a cheapy cotton fedora from Men's Wearhouse last winter, and ruined it with starch after I tried to stiffen it a little. I went looking for a replacement, and found the Henschel 5036. It is currently on its way to me as I type this. Anywho, I'm the new young'un, and I'm proud to be here.

ONP

New in Town
Hi everybody, also a new younger guy here. I'm 18, and over the last year have developed an interest in what I refer to as 'finer hats'. This forum looks like a great community, and I look forward to sharing it with you all!
Aaron T

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Hi everybody, also a new younger guy here. I'm 18, and over the last year have developed an interest in what I refer to as 'finer hats'. This forum looks like a great community, and I look forward to sharing it with you all!

Welcome aboard, ONP.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Hello. Yep, I am another newbie here, have been a "hat man" (among other things) lol! Love my hats, and am very excited to find this website and hope to learn much more about what goes on here. I have to thank a few people from selling items on ebay that helped me get here.

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
Hey, everyone. I suppose I'm the latest new guy. I've been wearing hats, mostly fedoras for two years now, and have, what I believe to be, some nice hats. I have several dobbs, and one cavanagh. Anyways, I'm sure I'll enjoy it here and look forward to meeting people.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Hey, everyone. I suppose I'm the latest new guy. I've been wearing hats, mostly fedoras for two years now, and have, what I believe to be, some nice hats. I have several dobbs, and one cavanagh. Anyways, I'm sure I'll enjoy it here and look forward to meeting people.

Welcome, DavidJ ... :hat:

blendra

New in Town
I've been collecting hats since I was in college in the 1970s, and now have about 140 to 150 of them, from all eras beginning in the early 1900s until the 1980s and a few from this century. I collect mostly women's hats but some men's hats, including a few that I gave my boyfriend, who also collects hats. We joke that when we retire we're opening a Bed and Breakfast with a hat museum, but seriously, we may do it.

In the meantime I want to encourage others to collect and wear hats, and to learn as much as we can about them. And I'm really psyched to meet other hat fans who will appreciate my collection and share information with me.

I added a special section to my (law firm) website devoted to the collection of hats. (Yes, my web master told me it was crazy, but since I'm the boss I can get away with it.) So far I have posted a fairly extensive photo gallery of pictures of my hats, organized by type of hat, and containing some of the information I am assembling about each style and milliner and store label. It has a special gallery of Jack McConnell hats, and a Hatalog, displaying my other vintage hats, categorized by type of hat. Here is the link to the gallery itself, which also contains two other photo albums about hats - http://brendagrantland.com/gallery.) Don't worry - there is nothing but pictures of hats in my gallery.

I don't sell anything on my site, and don't post advertising. This is all just for enjoyment. I invite everyone to check it out. I invite comments. Please let me know if you believe that I have posted incorrect information, or if you think I mis-categorized or incorrectly dated a hat. This is a work in progress.

I see that your website focuses primarily on men's hats. Even though you have a women's section, it doesn't focus on women's hats (or else I wasn't looking in the right place.) I would like to share knowledge about vintage women's hats as well. I have amassed a lot of research I would be willing to share.

Brenda (aka blendra)

Last edited:

T Rick

Practically Family
Welcome Brenda! Your Law website with a hat gallery section, I like it. But I can't help being reminded of a current hit TV series, Harry's Law (Harry's Law and Fine Shoes on the storefront ;)).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters