Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

Ybor City Dave

New in Town
Hi Scott. Sounds like you spent a lot of time in Tampa. What area did you live in? It's really changed a lot in some ways and in others it's still the same old place. Got too intense for me so when I retired I moved to Brandon. Do you remember a couple of Haberdasheries in Ybor on 7th Ave called Argintars and Bobo & Rophies? those places had about the best hat selection in Tampa.

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
I lived North of Tampa in a small town called Inverness. My folks used to drive us down to Tampa every weekend, going to the commissary at McDill AFB. Once I could legally drive, Tampa was were I spent most of my free time.

Unfortunately back then, I only wore Western hats, (and most of those were purchased at the feed store hat rack )so I never paid much attention to clothing/hat stores. It's a shame, because I would love have a local full service hat store that close to home.

Hothir

New in Town
Hello thought I should introduce myself.

I have had a somewhat interesting route to where I am now sartorially. I have always loved history and growing up home-schooled I was able to read and study it more in general. I learned to sew and make my own costumes at the age of 8 and eventually fixed on my Scottish heritage and the kilt as a unique style of dress. Kilts are so darn expensive I had to make my own and before two years were up, I was in business selling them.

I began tailoring soon after, making my own jackets and serious historical reproduction clothing. I am now experimenting with expanding my personal style to include vintage trousers styles and I of course had to go all the way and find a decent hat. I began by doing research and all the helpful information led me here. I jumped in to the deep end and already have 4 vintage hats on their way from Ebay and an Akubra Federation winging it's way here from down under. (I've always had a soft spot for Indy)

I fell in love with dressing well, (waistcoats ties jackets hats etc...) while wearing kilts and I think I shall continue to dress well, whether I am in a kilt or trousers.

The good folks of X Marks the Scot helped me define my traditional Scottish style and perhaps the Fedora Lounge will help me branch out and incorporate "normal" traditional styles.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Classy-looking fedora for the rain?

I'd prefer not a leather or expedition-style hatband. Anything that looks traditional but will stand up to lots of rain and snow and sweat?

(SORRY, I posted this on the wrong forum. I found the answer. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Redshoes51

One of the Regulars
Good evening... although I registered a few months ago, I decided to start posting/commenting. I LOVE the hats that I am seeing!!

There is so much I have to learn!!!

~shoes~

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
How rude of me not to have introduced myself...

I'm an American expat living in Japan, and a lifelong admirer of hats whose tastes far exceed his wallet. I've always been partial to straws but you know, living in an all-weather clime you do need something for the cooler months. I've owned a few fedoras but never anything of real quality, and I'm looking to change that. Looking forward to many interesting conversations and lots of good advice...

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
well there is some cheapo champaign that will do....lol! I think honestly it is not always the price tag as much as the hat!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
How rude of me not to have introduced myself...

I'm an American expat living in Japan, and a lifelong admirer of hats whose tastes far exceed his wallet. I've always been partial to straws but you know, living in an all-weather clime you do need something for the cooler months. I've owned a few fedoras but never anything of real quality, and I'm looking to change that. Looking forward to many interesting conversations and lots of good advice...

Greeting from us here on Planet Earth! LOL! Welcome.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Hello thought I should introduce myself.

I have had a somewhat interesting route to where I am now sartorially. I have always loved history and growing up home-schooled I was able to read and study it more in general. I learned to sew and make my own costumes at the age of 8 and eventually fixed on my Scottish heritage and the kilt as a unique style of dress. Kilts are so darn expensive I had to make my own and before two years were up, I was in business selling them.

I began tailoring soon after, making my own jackets and serious historical reproduction clothing. I am now experimenting with expanding my personal style to include vintage trousers styles and I of course had to go all the way and find a decent hat. I began by doing research and all the helpful information led me here. I jumped in to the deep end and already have 4 vintage hats on their way from Ebay and an Akubra Federation winging it's way here from down under. (I've always had a soft spot for Indy)

I fell in love with dressing well, (waistcoats ties jackets hats etc...) while wearing kilts and I think I shall continue to dress well, whether I am in a kilt or trousers.

The good folks of X Marks the Scot helped me define my traditional Scottish style and perhaps the Fedora Lounge will help me branch out and incorporate "normal" traditional styles.

Howdy! As my Husband says, "this IS the place to be"! Welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn