Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IRVIN SEASON OPEN! (Time to get it out Gents)

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Too warm even for an L2B over here & I've just done a spot of open top motoring. Even my mother is complaining about it being a hot September so far. Will my Irvin get any time out (of the cupboard) this year?

Stand By

One Too Many
Same up here, I'm afraid. We just had the hottest day of the Summer a couple of days ago - a sizzling 41C with the humidex - and they're calling for a warmer-than-usual Autumn, so methinks it'll be a while before the Irvin ventures out.
I'm just hoping that the Fall lasts a nice while so my new L2-A gets some good use before it too takes its place in my jacket closet. Then this cold winter that they say is coming can show up and do it's thing - and the Irvin can come on out.

bn1966

Very humid today, local rednecks wandering around the streets bare-chested (just the men unfortunately). Too hot even with a chopped sleeves (Great Escape Style) summer sweat shirt on. Buzz L2 is still sitting idle & boy do I have a large cold weather collection waiting to see the light of day including WW2 RAF sweaters.

aswatland

Great picture of you in your DGL Irvin Paddy. It's not Irvin weather down South yet. Next month perhaps. I'm still wearing A2s at the moment but can't wait to roll out an Irvin or B-3!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Everyday it's just getting a little bit less warm up here in Scandinavia. Everyday one step closer to getting that Irvin out of the closet. I recon I'll be wearing it a month from now - and then it just goes on and on for 5 months. At least. :)

Worf

I'll Lock Up
You should be in Calgary, Paddy. Yesterday the Calgarians all woke up and could sit on their decks drinking nice cold drinks with ice and enjoying the 25C weather.
By the end of the afternoon, they were making SNOWMEN ! Seriously. That's a chinook for you.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/08/snow-way-snowfall-warnings-for-parts-of-alberta

I don't know whether to hug you or hit you S.B. I forwarded this to some friends... we laughed.... but it was a hollow laugh. Last Winter haunts us still. Yikes T-shirt in the morning... Mackinaw by evening... Umbreyago!

Worf

Deacon211

One Too Many
Make of it what you will, but I have heard that the Farmer's Almanac (a strange American publication that is curiously prescient at predicting the severity of the winter) is predicting another winter in the US like last year.

I, armed with my new ELC BoB Irvin, say...bring it on!

Marv

A-List Customer
Still wearing my A2 for work at present, however I did get my Irvin out over the weekend to try it on and see if it still fits from the last time I wore it 2 years ago.

It's a bit on the large size (46") since last time but will now allow layering........ELC Irvin vintage 1942 Pattern.

Early winter weather reports mention the possibility of a cold one this year due to the Jet Stream falling way south of the UK but these are not accurate enough at this time of year so I guess we will have to see.

Be nice to wear the Irvin again as it doesn't get enough wear as it should, so hopefully it should go as it gets colder - A2, G1, N1 and finally Irvin.

bn1966

With all my heavy duty leather & nylon jackets purchases I need some cold weather to enjoy them in :)

Deacon211

One Too Many
Well, Irvin season will still be a few months away here, I did break out my G-1 for the first time yesterday. Man I love leather weather.

Front Closed B.JPG

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Cold, chilly and rainy today. I took my Aero Thunderbay for spin (first time too). Wearing only a T-shirt I was snug, warm and dry. Ahhh Fall!

Worf

bn1966

In London this weekend...took an L2B & L2A & it was too hot to wear either :-(

IXL

One Too Many
This morning it started out at 49°F. This has been a good day to try out my new Vanson Team Jacket. The wife stated "Is that another new jacket? It creaks." I assured her it isn't new.....arrived in June, but don't think she's much buying it.

schitzo

Suspended
I'll second that. Don't move on the key facts and embellish none unless forced into a corner from which doing so becomes your inescapable last resort

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I'm lucky the ole lady is just absent minded enough that she thinks old stuff is new... Key thing, get rid of the boxes IMMEDIATELY!

Worf

Stand By

One Too Many
Tell her it must be a new conditioner you used on your old jacket. "So funny how it creaks now. God knows what it's done to it. I won't use it again …"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany