Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is anyone else following the Six Nations Rugby?

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Are any of you chaps following the Six Nations Rugby?

Incidentally, a question for Americans: why do you call a Rugby player a ‘Rugger’? We use the term ‘Rugger’ only as an affectionate nickname for Rugby Union.

IrishStu

One of the Regulars
Are any of you chaps following the Six Nations Rugby?

Incidentally, a question for Americans: why do you call a Rugby player a ‘Rugger’? We use the term ‘Rugger’ only as an affectionate nickname for Rugby Union.
Great tournament. I was lucky enough to be at the Ireland v Italy game yesterday, even though the match itself was a bit pedestrian.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Great tournament. I was lucky enough to be at the Ireland v Italy game yesterday, even though the match itself was a bit pedestrian.
It was quite pedestrian, but Ireland are a good team. I shall be happy to see them triumph as I have been an Irish passport holder since 2016.

Edward

Bartender
Not been watching it, don't follow sport, but nice to hear that Ireland are doing well. I still have a couple of fillings and a crown that Paddy Johns put in me when he was a student dentist in the practice we used around the same time as his Ireland days. Big man, very gentle and deft in the dentists' chair!

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Not been watching it, don't follow sport, but nice to hear that Ireland are doing well. I still have a couple of fillings and a crown that Paddy Johns put in me when he was a student dentist in the practice we used around the same time as his Ireland days. Big man, very gentle and deft in the dentists' chair!
That’s a marvellous story.
When you say you don’t follow sport, is that simply because you are not interested, or because you were turned off it as a schoolboy?

Edward

Bartender
That’s a marvellous story.
When you say you don’t follow sport, is that simply because you are not interested, or because you were turned off it as a schoolboy?

Bit of both, probably. Wasn't interested to begin with, the usual bullies they hired to teach games in the 80s didn't do anything to change my opinion. I was a regular in the swimming club back then. Did once or twice swim for the school, but no great shakes as I never had much of a competitive instinct. Played badminton in the school club, non-competitively. Fenced very briefly at university - but then it clashed with a drama group I joined, and the stage won out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner