Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is anyone else in a fashion dilema right now?

Kimberly

Practically Family
Grrrrr. It is that time of year again. It is too warm to wear my wool suits, but too cold to wear all of the dresses I bought. I wake up every morning, check the weather web site and then try and figure out what I am going to wear and lately it has been pants and a light sweater (not very inspiring).

I have come to the conclusion that I must stock up on cardigans in assorted colors in order to wear some of the dresses I bought without freezing. Tomorrow is going to be cool so I am going to resort to a wool jacket and pants with a light blouse. NOT what I want to wear though. :rolleyes:

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
That is me right now too! I can't wait to wear some of the warm weather dresses that I've bought over the Winter, but it's not quite warm enough. I'm getting tired of long pants and sweaters too. I took a chance on capri pants a few days in the past week, and did alright. But it was still cool enough for a sweater so I couldn't get out of those totally.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Cardigans are absolutely indispensible in the New England climate, and the more you have the better -- I wear mine all year round, actually, mostly over cotton dresses. I also have a cotton underslip that I wear during the winter for added insulation, but usually only when it's brutally cold.

We're in that awkward time where it's too mild for a full length coat, so lately I've been wearing a Pendleton "49er" jacket over my cardie and dress while walking to work or the store, and it's quite comfy without being cumbersome.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I wear a lot of bolero sweaters and cardigans over my dresses here; it may be blazing hot right now, but my office and most stores/buildings around town are always freezing.

Coordinated dress and jacket outfits are nice to wear as well; you have a complete, layered ensemble that allows you to ward off any chill, but remove the jacket when the sun comes out.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Started carrying a cute 50s sweater everywhere during the summer years ago, as many places are air-conditioned using blasts imported from the arctic.
At work it is a dilemma and involves the correct weight of layers; I don't want to be 'too hot with it on, too cold with it off'. I don't dress up at all at work as I have to keep rushing around, lifting things as well as crouching down for things. A gal who wears a dress to my work never seems to work nearly as hard as I do. Hmmm.

Foofoogal

Banned
I am in Texas but I still carry a sweater everywhere I go. Some places are like freezers. I cannot even think when I am cold. I don't know how all of you up north survive.
lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy