Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is anyone else on their death bed? The Flu Thread.

ortega76

Practically Family
As I sit here feeling like death warmed over- I have the worst bout of the flu I've suffered in years- I find that many of my friends are similarly incapacitated. Even those I haven't seen in months are miserable. As I contemplate my doom, I wonder what classic remedies have worked for members of this board?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
ortega76 said:
As I contemplate my doom, I wonder what classic remedies have worked for members of this board?
Lots of bed rest and plenty of fluids.

Feel better.:)

Foofoogal

Banned
I also think a bit over the top and scared me really. I believe we have lost a few FLers over the years.

I though was just telling honey everyone looks so tired lately. Things are taking a toll and stress can lead to all kinds of sicknesses. For Flu you need loads of rest and loads of good fluids. Flush the nasty out of you. Hope you feel better soon. I was my hands alot and think this has played a role in my not getting colds and flu as much as I used to.

TraditionalFrog

One of the Regulars
Not the flu, but I just had an eye procedure done on Friday for a case of occular histoplasmosis. I had an injection of Avastin in my eye. Quite traumatic and I am not up to par as yet.

carter

I'll Lock Up
HadleyH said:
Get well soon ortega76!!!

Hot tea with lemon and honey, a couple of aspirins and plenty of rest in bed! :)
Don't forget the Jameson!
jameson_irish.jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Well, I passed out on the floor of the projection booth a couple weeks ago, and had to take the only sick day I've taken in four years -- six hours of sleep and some Lipton's Noodle Soup and I was back on the job. That's my all time favorite all-purpose remedy for whatever ails.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
If it's the flu, you can get a shot within a short time of contracting it to help shorten the duration. Otherwise, you just feel like you're dying, then wish you'd hurry up and die, then (let us hope) get better. Getting a flu shot is a good idea--and not too late if you're not sick.

ortega76

Practically Family
The funny thing is that I had a flu shot about a month ago. All I got from the doc was a BRAT diet (Bananas Rice Applesauce Toast), drink lots of fluids and that's about it.

So far, a hot toddy has been about the best thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff