Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Hats Direct slow in service?

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Hello all, I ordered a Fed IV on the 6th or 7th and they still haven't accepted my Paypal payment yet. I just sent them an email, but you all have lots of experience with them...does this mean they haven't shipped the hat yet, or didn't get the order, or...?

ValEag

One of the Regulars
I've never ordered from them using PayPal, always used a credit card. However they were always quite responsive both in shipping and responding to any email requests. I did have a problem with a rule on my spam filter stopping their response though, once I got that figured out I had no problems at all. I believe you will find their reputation for resolving any problems is quite satisfactory.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Valeag, I just got a reply from them (very fast, I'm impressed) and evidently they have been sending emails that I haven't been getting, and that's the problem. I'll have to look into why I'm not getting important emails at home.

Goose.

Practically Family
Hey Blackthorn...

Once I emailed them using the addy (info@hatsdirect.com) from their contacts page. Radio silence.

Now I use sales@hatsdirect.com and get a response, usually within two days.

Do you see the PayPal transaction in your PayPal account as pending or some other status? If your transaction from the HD site went ok, you should've received an automated email from HD with the sale summary within a few hours.

If all else fails, call them (Phone: + 61 2 4782 5003). I've nver called them but that is the number from their web site. It's early afternoon for them right now.

You should've been wearing your lid by now if things went well. My usual wait is 7-9 days. One shipment took two weeks though.

Keep us posted :)

Hi ValEag!

EDIT: Just saw your post that went up as I was typing. As Rosanna Danna Anna would say, "never mind". ;)

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Goose. said:
Hey Blackthorn...

Once I emailed them using the addy (info@hatsdirect.com) from their contacts page. Radio silence.

Now I use sales@hatsdirect.com and get a response, usually within two days.

Do you see the PayPal transaction in your PayPal account as pending or some other status? If your transaction from the HD site went ok, you should've received an automated email from HD with the sale summary within a few hours.

If all else fails, call them (Phone: + 61 2 4782 5003). I've nver called them but that is the number from their web site. It's early afternoon for them right now.

You should've been wearing your lid by now if things went well. My usual wait is 7-9 days. One shipment took two weeks though.

Keep us posted :)

Hi ValEag!

EDIT: Just saw your post that went up as I was typing. As Rosanna Danna Anna would say, "never mind". ;)

No, Goose, that's all great info, buddy. I appreciate it very much. I got an immediate email back from Hats Direct and we have straightened it all out. I have to say I respect their customer communication. The problem has been on my end, not theirs, but Goose old buddy, you are a wonderful wealth of info! thank you!

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
FurFeltFedora said:
Glad you got it sorted out - now what did you order and when do we get pics? :D
Well, FFF, I had ordered a Fed IV in Moonstone, but since I'm traveling through Sacramento this week, I decided I just couldn't wait for a package to arrive, so I'm going to stop in at the Village Hats store and pick up a Stetson Temple. They only have them in Caribou, but it's my first hat and I want one that'll go with my gray suit anyway. Next I'll get one in either tawny or mink. Oh, and for the time being I cancelled the Akubra. I'll get one later.

As to posting a pic, I've been trying to do that for hours, over in the old family pictures thread. I have followed the directions to a T in the FAQ area, and I have posted pics on numerous other forums, but none of that is working in FL, for some reason. I'm using photobucket, but maybe it's not compatible with FL.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Photobucket works well. Right click on properties, and copy the link until the .JPG ONLY. Don`t copy past that (there is extra stuff...just ignore that), and paste it to the FL link...should work fine...

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
YOU ARE MY HERO, DAIZAWAGUY!!

1262902424_005.jpg

Wow, thank you, Daizawaguy! I've been pulling my hair out half the night! Now it all makes sense!

This is a pic of my dad and his brother, 1947, with their fedoras.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Pleasure! I had those same problems....very frustrating. Those are VERY cool photos...hope you have a few more....welcome and good luck with your hat collection building!

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
daizawaguy said:
Pleasure! I had those same problems....very frustrating. Those are VERY cool photos...hope you have a few more....welcome and good luck with your hat collection building!
Thanks, my friend! My dad is now 87 and I'm going to visit him on Wednesday. He has a lot of pix like this, so I'm hoping he'll let me borrow them and scan them. If that works out, I'll post more for sure.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I used paypal the first time.....I had to input all the information.....then things went smoothly.

The second time I just used my credit card much much easier.. both times service was very good. ;)

BTW welcome to the Lounge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Carlisle Blues said:
I used paypal the first time.....I had to input all the information.....then things went smoothly.

The second time I just used my credit card much much easier.. both times service was very good. ;)

BTW welcome to the Lounge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, Carlisle, it's a fun place!

TheShadowKnows

New in Town
I ordered my Akubra Banjo Paterson from HatsDirect, and received the order five days later, on the East Coast of the US. It was the first time that I had ordered from them. I usually use David Morgan, but wanted to try HatsDirect this time because of the feedback from the Lounge members. I am impressed with their e-mails and their service. My BP arrived in perfect condition. Their follow-up customer service was fantastic, too. I hope to post a photo or two soon.

TheShadowKnows

New in Town
FFF, I'm going to try to take some pics with in the next day or two, as soon as it dries out here. I do love the BP. Some FL members have remarkied about the feel of the felt, and now I understand after holding it myself. It has a more "luxurious" feel than my other Akubras. It must be the Heritage Quality line. At any rate, it is going to be my "everyday" hat, but it's much too nice to be a "work" hat. That's what my Stockman is for.
And, by the way, got it from HatsDirect...great service!

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Blackthorn you are crazy. there is a $50 difference between an Akubra and a Stetson... Well at least you can give us a direct comparison between a modern Stetson and an Akubra (when you get one), I have been curious. Enjoy your new hat and wear it well.
Johnny

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Blackthorn said:
1262902424_005.jpg

Wow, thank you, Daizawaguy! I've been pulling my hair out half the night! Now it all makes sense!

This is a pic of my dad and his brother, 1947, with their fedoras.
Fantastic pic, Blackthorn. Clearly men wore their fedoras all over their heads back then: tilted, cocked back, creating a great sense of character. That's my grandfather in my avatar in 1948...post more of yours if you've got them!

Welcome to the lounge, and I'll be curious to see the Stetson. My starter hats were both Stetsons from Village Hat Shop in Long Beach--a Saxon and a Chatham. Now they are boxed and I never wear them any longer, as my Akubra Campdraft gets almost all of my head time, with a bit more time for my Fed IV. Let us know what you think of the Stetson.
Steve

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
jazzncocktails said:
Fantastic pic, Blackthorn. Clearly men wore their fedoras all over their heads back then: tilted, cocked back, creating a great sense of character. That's my grandfather in my avatar in 1948...post more of yours if you've got them!

I wonder how many guys tilted their hat back in the moment because they knew it would look better in a photo?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt