Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it The End Of Newspapers?

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
Now that is ridiculous. Wikipedia is not a good source for anything. You can alter it to match whatever you feel like writing. :eusa_doh:

I suggested if he knew one of said professor's students would be doing a report on a particular person, I'd go onto Wikipedia and add an entry that said personage carried on a long, torrid imaginary romance with said professor...

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Twitch said:
Ok, Devil's Advocate- if regular newspapers are in some way doomed to exctintion what about rags like the Enquirer, the Globe and all the trash-news papers? Much of their content could be web posted.

The Weekly World News, which used to be at checkout stands right new to the Star and Enquirer and other tabloids, went to an all-Internet, no printed copies model earlier this year.

I somehow miss the outlandish headlines and crazy photos of Titanic surivors found on an iceberg 90 years later, or Martians meeting with whatever world leader...

Mike in Seattle said:
The Weekly World News, which used to be at checkout stands right new to the Star and Enquirer and other tabloids, went to an all-Internet, no printed copies model earlier this year.

I somehow miss the outlandish headlines and crazy photos of Titanic surivors found on an iceberg 90 years later, or Martians meeting with whatever world leader...

I can believe the Martians meet with political figures. :rolleyes: :p

Feng_Li

A-List Customer
What about the grocery circulars? I don't think many people will use the internet to see which store has milk on sale this week.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Some large families take multiple copies of the newspaper for multiple coupons. And there actually are Internet services that check and keep track of what's on sale, and if there is a coupon for it. The Grocery Game is one such site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael