Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is my Eastman A2 way too small?

Stand By

One Too Many
Re; Johnny Knoxville
I didn't recognize him without a port-a-loo full of crap suspended between two cranes and him inside it and then the port-a-loo being catapulted a hundred feet into the air and bounced around repeatedly - and him covered from head-to-toe in human waste and vomiting uncontrollably (see Jackass 3*).
I'm glad he didn't wear his G-1 for that occasion as it looks like a nice one...
Mind you, perhaps then he could've started a new thread here: "How to get human faeces and urine out of a mouton collar?"

*I laughed so frickin' hard it hurt.

Last edited:
Re; Johnny KnoxvilleI didn't recognize him without a port-a-loo full of crap suspended between cranes and him being catapulted a hundred feet into the air and bounced around repeatedly - and covered from head-to-toe in human waste and vomiting uncontrollably (see Jackass 3*).I'm glad he didn't wear his G-1 for that occasion as it looks like a nice one...Mind you, perhaps then he could've started a thread here: "How to get human faeces and urine out of a mouton collar?"*I laughed so frickin' hard it hurt.
x2 lol

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As previously stated...Eastmans..very helpful & will give you an honest opinion. Since buying from them, I've got jackets that not only look good (IMO) but actually fit. My ELC Roughwear A2 is my favourite jacket of all time. :cool:

Stand By

One Too Many
As previously stated...Eastmans..very helpful & will give you an honest opinion. Since buying from them, I've got jackets that not only look good (IMO) but actually fit. My ELC Roughwear A2 is my favourite jacket of all time. :cool:

Nice to see you back again, Sir.
And I agree - Alan at ELC was most helpful in modifying my latest score from eBay - an older type (around 7 years old but virtually unworn) RW B-6 that had 3 RiRi zips and they replaced them with Crown zips and they did a great job. You'd never know. They also added a name tag that was (to my request) aged/darkened to better match the red skin and they replaced the other makers label for a proper RW type too - and all done with a two-day turn-around and it arrived here in 5 days with tracking. I was very detailed in my instructions and every one was met to the T.
And the fit is perfect !!! (Phewww!). I love it! Can't wait for those cooler Autumn morning dog walks now ...!

bn1966

Good to hear from you Stand By,

So pleased the B6 has worked out. & what a turn-around-time! Any chance of pictures soon? My A2 Roughwear is currently in 'shop' for a pocket repair, clean & condition (boy that jacket earns it's keep) Hopefully collecting it tomorrow. Still planning on an ELC D1 when funds allow (SAAB finally returned today following head gasket replacement & top end re-build...my D1 funds gone in a puff of steam..literally)

Weather in the UK is slightly cooler (thankfully) might have the opportunity to wear some of the jacket collection soon.

Should get some serious dog walking in soon myself if I can get the hound out of my bed.

Photo110.jpg

aswatland

This B-6 sounds great with the Crown zips. There was no "proper" RW label originally for this redskin B-6 as RW was not awarded any contracts for B-6 jackets in the War! Gary is fully aware of this, but as the jacket sells well as an original maker jacket has chosen not to change the label.

This B-6 sounds great with the Crown zips. There was no "proper" RW label originally for this redskin B-6 as RW was not awarded any contracts for B-6 jackets in the War! Gary is fully aware of this, but as the jacket sells well as an original maker jacket has chosen not to change the label.
:eeek:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up

So pleased the B6 has worked out. & what a turn-around-time! Any chance of pictures soon? My A2 Roughwear is currently in 'shop' for a pocket repair, clean & condition (boy that jacket earns it's keep) Hopefully collecting it tomorrow. Still planning on an ELC D1 when funds allow (SAAB finally returned today following head gasket replacement & top end re-build...my D1 funds gone in a puff of steam..literally)

Weather in the UK is slightly cooler (thankfully) might have the opportunity to wear some of the jacket collection soon.

Should get some serious dog walking in soon myself if I can get the hound out of my bed.

View attachment 3560

That's a very sweet looking hound!

Worf

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 3560

Less than a year to retirement. When I'm officially a "man of leisure" I intend to get me one of dem dere flea bitten varmints! Growing up in the Projects (Estates to you folks) a dog was an impossibility. Working, traveling for work and raising our son made a dog impractical. Now I'll have the time. Probably head down to the shelter and git one off'n "death row". Hopefully the hound will be grateful for being spared and not chew up my leather couch or vintage speakers!

Worf

Stand By

One Too Many

Sorry for the delay in replying - needed to take an extra day after I dodged a major bullet with my faithful ol' dog at home this (long and awful) weekend - thought I was going to lose her for sure ... Major relief!

Alas, no photos yet. We had a major raining-like-it's-the-end-of-the-sodding-world kind of downpour about 8 weeks ago and I was on my bike in it all - and I forgor that my camera was in my bag. And it's done. :(
So I need a new camera - and have to find some time and money to head downtown and pick out a new one - but will send photos when I do.

Great photo btw. From the looks of him, I don't think he'll be calling the RSPCA on you ...! :)
Good for you.
And him!

Stand By

One Too Many

:eeek:
Well, well. The things you learn ...!!!!! Thanks for that. Most interesting!

bn1966

Stand By: Glad to hear the ol' dog is OK (we do get very attached to them), hope the camera situation gets sorted soonest. Some wetter weather over here recently..bodes well however for the Bank Holiday Weekend.

Worf: You found yourself a hound yet??? Flea bitten? Got any pictures for Sloan? :)

Stand By

One Too Many
Less than a year to retirement. When I'm officially a "man of leisure" I intend to get me one of dem dere flea bitten varmints! Growing up in the Projects (Estates to you folks) a dog was an impossibility. Working, traveling for work and raising our son made a dog impractical. Now I'll have the time. Probably head down to the shelter and git one off'n "death row". Hopefully the hound will be grateful for being spared and not chew up my leather couch or vintage speakers!

Worf

Good for you, Worf. I do hope you can provide a forever home for a deserving dog at your end. We just rescued our second dog from Collin County, TX (yes, 2200 miles away!) - the first one was the very first in line for the gas chamber that Monday morning (no longer operating, thank God!) and he especially knows how lucky he is. He's such a special boy. They do know how lucky they are, though, and they are grateful. Rescues are the absolute best and they've been such an easy fit in our home with the other dogs.
The shelters need all the help they can get ...

bn1966

ELC A2 Back from 'shop', pocket repaired, clean & conditioned jacket...still showing it's HH patina...all's right with the world.

Stand By

One Too Many
ELC A2 Back from 'shop', pocket repaired, clean & conditioned jacket...still showing it's HH patina...all's right with the world.

Thanks for the good wishes. Yes, she's my best pal ... I'm so glad she's still with me. (Phewww!)

So glad too to know you and your beloved A2 are reunited and all is well again.
Who did the work for you (who did you entrust your favourite jacket to, I mean?) and how did they clean and condition it ?

bn1966

A good few years ago I found a shop called Cobra Leathers in good old Swindon (run by a leather seamstress doing mainly motorcycle leather work). In my early days with the shop it was alterations on 40s civilian leathers to get a comfortable fit. More recently my ELC Luftwaffe had the sleeves shortened at Cobra (fantastic job). I developed a nylon fetish and have taken MA1's & L2Bs to Cobra for sleeve shortening & even body alterations (jacket that is :)). I have been really impressed with the standard of work as have other local nylon junkies. Cobra seemed the right choice for the A2 & I wasn't disappointed with the results.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Sorry for the thread hi-jack about wanting a dog. No, in 11 months I retire... I'll head to the pound that weekend. I'm leaning towards a mutt of some kind.

Worf

Stand By

One Too Many
A good few years ago I found a shop called Cobra Leathers in good old Swindon (run by a leather seamstress doing mainly motorcycle leather work). In my early days with the shop it was alterations on 40s civilian leathers to get a comfortable fit. More recently my ELC Luftwaffe had the sleeves shortened at Cobra (fantastic job). I developed a nylon fetish and have taken MA1's & L2Bs to Cobra for sleeve shortening & even body alterations (jacket that is :)). I have been really impressed with the standard of work as have other local nylon junkies. Cobra seemed the right choice for the A2 & I wasn't disappointed with the results.

Cobra sounds like a really good find - and that's dead handy that they're a whizz with leather and nylon too! Excellent.
I'm glad you're happy and reunited with the A2 and I hope that you get a chance to take the A2 out soon - not so much here as it's 32C again at this end! But I don't care. The Girly Dog is still here and that's really all that matters to me :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy