Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is This A WW2 Era Mess Kit?

eniksleestack

One of the Regulars
I found what looks like an old mess kit -- it's not US issue I'm pretty sure. Does anyone have an idea about the origin/ era ? The only markings say "A5" and "B". Thanks in advance.

mess2.jpg

mess1.jpg

mess3.jpg

mess4.jpg

mess5.jpg

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
Nope its not... I don't know what era it is...but its defintiely not WWII..it looks to be maybe 'nam era and from a stateside messhall too. But its actually really cool that can fit A LOT of food!:D

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Looks to me almost like a hospital meal tray. That lid looks like it can't be secured on, only placed on to keep food hot and clean during transport. What are the dimensions?

Matt

eniksleestack

One of the Regulars
MPicciotto said:
Looks to me almost like a hospital meal tray. That lid looks like it can't be secured on, only placed on to keep food hot and clean during transport. What are the dimensions?

Matt

It measures about 5" X 7" -- I was thinking it might be missing a securing bolt or latch. Any clue what the metal ring would be for?

cco23i

A-List Customer
That's not a mess hall tray, as Matt said I am inclined to think it's from a military hospital. Our mess trays were A LOT bigger and had more slots in them than that does.

Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21