Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this hat damaged? Lighter felt has me baffled

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Doesn't look like mothing at all to me. I also have that FP with bone colored staple felt, and it hasn't done anything like that. I wonder if the place you stored it is prone to environmental moisture? Might be just an inconsistency with the pouncing. That's where I'd put my money. Hm. I'll go look at mine and see if I can find anything comparable.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I don't have any felts that look quite like that, but I have had new hats change texture a bit on me after a few months. I usually notice it on lids I buy near the end of winter. I don't see them much (if at all) during the summer, and come fall the difference jumps out at me. Sort of like when you don't see an actor do anything for a while and then you see them again and... wow, they've changed! But you can see another for 20 years on tv and not notice the change unless you suddenly go back to an old rerun. On closer inspection, most of my felts change over time. I guess change is not always good, huh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80