Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ISO Stetson open road silverbelly

Jerm

New in Town
Yes im just looking for a used modern one for now. They are 139 plus shipping. I saw those. Amazon has them, or had them for 155 new. These would be about the same and are displayed. However that fawn color is pretty nice

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Im not a fan of them. The crown seems to high to me. They look goofy imo. I have a snowy river on the way tho
Camp Drafts are made to the same specs as the original Open Road. I own a couple of each. The crowns when open are pretty much the same height. Modern Open Roads are made of very stiff felt and are almost impossible to reshape, Camp Drafts are a softer felt that is easy to shape. Also, the modern Stetson don't like percipitation whereas the Akubras ate practically indestructible

Last edited:

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
FB_IMG_1581382562164.jpg This is an Open Road with crown open before I shaped it.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1581382705234.jpg
    FB_IMG_1581382705234.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 328
Camp Drafts are made to the same specs as the original Open Road. I own a couple of each. The crowns when open are pretty much the same height. Modern Open Roads are made of very stiff felt and are almost impossible to reshape, Camp Drafts are a softer felt that is easy to shape.

What he said.

I'd take a CD over a modern OR at this point. Or hold out for a nice vintage.

Jerm

New in Town
Can i have a cattlemans crease done on the campdraft? To look like the OR. Because the crown is way to high for my taste

Attachments

• download (1).jpeg
    download (1).jpeg
    8.9 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Can i have a cattlemans crease done on the campdraft? To look like the OR. Because the crown is way to high for my taste
Yes, you can do any crease you like. It takes a small amount of practice but you can change it any time you like. You just need a bit of steam, a tea pot works nicely, although I soaked mine in the shower. There are plenty of videos on youtube. You can also search this forum. There is more knowledge about hats assembled here than probably anywhere in the world.

Jerm

New in Town
Yes, you can do any crease you like. It takes a small amount of practice but you can change it any time you like. You just need a bit of steam, a tea pot works nicely, although I soaked mine in the shower. There are plenty of videos on youtube. You can also search this forum. There is more knowledge about hats assembled here than probably anywhere in the world.

Ok. So i guess the campdraft is just shipped crown all the way out for you to style how you want? Ill look into it, thanks alot

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Ok. So i guess the campdraft is just shipped crown all the way out for you to style how you want? Ill look into it, thanks alot
You're welcome. Most folks on this site will be happy to help. The crown all the way out is called Open Crown. At one time a majority of hats came this way and were either shaped to the buyers' desired crease in the hat shop upon purchase or the buyer did it themselves at home

Last edited:

Jerm

New in Town
Heres what im looking for. The closest i have found so far is this stetson and an akubra stylemaster. I have a stratoliner but its to nice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran