Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It came!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, some of you know that I have been waiting for a new arrivel from ebay. A nice double breasted coat with nice peaked lapels with a stripe pattern that would kill! In the pocket there is a label that has the date of 10/31/46. It was tailored on Halloween of 1946! And brother, it’s no “trick or treat� costume neither! It's so soft and I believe that it's a wool cashmere blend.

I couldn’t take any real good photos of the whole outfit, but soon I’ll get some.

Here are some that show off the color and stripes of this great coat.

Root.

1121286img2ui.jpg

1121290img4jl.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Thanks Dave! The hat in the fist few photos is a real cheap straw hat from a hotel. It's vintage from the 40's but it's a rea cheap one but, it looks ok.

The last photo I sported my late 30's Mallory 15! I love that hat so much!

Oh, and the car is the daily 46 driver ;)

Root.

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Outstanding Root my boy, absolutely outstanding, your collection grows and grows, as does my friendly envy, haha. Also, nice Capone bend on the old brim there!

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
WildRoot -- I hardly ever get on these particular sites, but had to see what it was you acquired -- and do you look good in those clothes.

You just seem to keep on outdoing yourself with the hats and clothes you get. Classy looking outfit.

I will have to remember that Capone look with the hat. I think it might be a good look on a gal, too. (I recall some old-time movie stars wearing fedoras with that 30's rakish brim, probably Dietrich).

karol

PS I am jealous of the car

Wild Root

Gone Home
Thanks KD! Very kind words from every one. I'm so happy with my new coat and can't wait to really wear it out to a dance.

Myrna Loy also sported a man's suit and hat.... Just for this photo.

Root.

myrnaloyinsuit0mv.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Thanks Jeff, yeah I found it on eBay and well, it started at $9.99 and I could bid for the next 5 days and hope I would win but, it also had a nice little "Buy it now" button on there for $45. bucks. So, I thought about it and then clicked the easy way out.

Root.

jeff

One of the Regulars
Great suit!

Right out of the past, you are :)

I had to delurk just to post this photoshop of your (great) picture:

1121299img6dm-1.old.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21