Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Italian brands hats

Vanzina Extra Extra Grigio - Color Uranio

qnwys0.jpg

I came accross, during summer time, some hats produced in the Cappellificio Vanzina of Pavia ( Milan ) sold in Genova
2myuuso.jpg

Difficult to say if they are produced before or after Borsalino bought the Vanzina facility. I think this hat was produced after the Borsalino take over
34s2iw1.jpg

j5v6h1.jpg

There is no Borsalino sign, but my conviction is stated above
9a3483.jpg

Vanzina made in deep grey fur felt
Size is 57 cm. (7 1/8 US) Crown is 12 cm (4.75 inches) overwelted brim is 5 cm. (2 inches)
The fur felt is medium soft, pliable and in a special short hair finish
1zou6mh.jpg

Linen in white with an excellent sweatband
bj8thx.jpg

Vanzina have its own mark and not the Borsalino marks
ih2mc5.jpg

The wonderful deep grey felt is completed with a fantastic ribbon in satin 4.5 cm with an elegant bow
The fur felt in a short hair finish has a soft touch
35k4fvn.jpg

New old stock. A perfect hat from another hats shop closed in Genova
zt6ae0.jpg
Nice looking hat, Daniele. Although not exactly my preferred model of hat I can almost feel the felt quality.

Vanzina Extra Extra Grigio - Color Uranio

qnwys0.jpg

I came accross, during summer time, some hats produced in the Cappellificio Vanzina of Pavia ( Milan ) sold in Genova
2myuuso.jpg

Difficult to say if they are produced before or after Borsalino bought the Vanzina facility. I think this hat was produced after the Borsalino take over
34s2iw1.jpg

j5v6h1.jpg

There is no Borsalino sign, but my conviction is stated above
9a3483.jpg

Vanzina made in deep grey fur felt
Size is 57 cm. (7 1/8 US) Crown is 12 cm (4.75 inches) overwelted brim is 5 cm. (2 inches)
The fur felt is medium soft, pliable and in a special short hair finish
1zou6mh.jpg

Linen in white with an excellent sweatband
bj8thx.jpg

Vanzina have its own mark and not the Borsalino marks
ih2mc5.jpg

The wonderful deep grey felt is completed with a fantastic ribbon in satin 4.5 cm with an elegant bow
The fur felt in a short hair finish has a soft touch
35k4fvn.jpg

New old stock. A perfect hat from another hats shop closed in Genova
zt6ae0.jpg
Daniele, Fantastic! The ribbon / band is really unique! Great finish too!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This is a classic beauty Daniele, the ribbon is the best part of this hat!
Thnaks Mike, the whole hat is a beauty. The combination of color and finishingh are astounding

That is a beautiful hat, Daniele. Is it for sale?
Thanks Steve, it is for sale, but it is not your size since it is a 57 cm. tight as most of the Italian hats. I have a Vanzina in green, the brother in 58 cm. It will appear in the next days

Nice looking hat, Daniele. Although not exactly my preferred model of hat I can almost feel the felt quality.
Stefan thanks, I would like the Italian producers still make so beautifull hats

Daniele, Fantastic! The ribbon / band is really unique! Great finish too!
Grazie Steve. This Vanzina is a real gem like its brother in green I will post next days
Thanks to all for the appreciation. The felt season is here

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thnaks Mike, the whole hat is a beauty. The combination of color and finishingh are astounding

Thanks Steve, it is for sale, but it is not your size since it is a 57 cm. tight as most of the Italian hats. I have a Vanzina in green, the brother in 58 cm. It will appear in the next days

Stefan thanks, I would like the Italian producers still make so beautifull hats

Grazie Steve. This Vanzina is a real gem like its brother in green I will post next days
Thanks to all for the appreciation. The felt season is here
Thank you, Daniele. I'm so looking forward to seeing the Vanzina in green.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Unique

New in Town
I just picked up a Cappellificio Cervo Fedora in size 7.25"/58 that is very nice. It has a 2.25" stitched edge brim, 4.5" crown and is in sage felt with a narrow ribbon. It is soft and pliable, a very comfortable hat. I like the sage color, as I was looking for something to wear with my Barbours....I have a Stetson Downs in sage, but it is more of a dark green whereas this Cervo is more of an actual sage color.
963292891_o.jpg
963292905_o.jpg
963292921_o.jpg

Revenger

New in Town
I just picked up a Cappellificio Cervo Fedora in size 7.25"/58 that is very nice. It has a 2.25" stitched edge brim, 4.5" crown and is in sage felt with a narrow ribbon. It is soft and pliable, a very comfortable hat. I like the sage color, as I was looking for something to wear with my Barbours....I have a Stetson Downs in sage, but it is more of a dark green whereas this Cervo is more of an actual sage color.
Love me some green hats.

Revenger

New in Town
It's been difficult to find some decent green hats. I have 3, but will only wear 2 of them, as the third is...honestly, just butt ugly. It will undoubtedly end up as an eBay offering.
What size? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... lol

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Second find of a Monza hat, home in ancient days of the woll and furs italians hats.
See for more information http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/a-short-history-of-italian-hatters.85247/ the Monza chapter
29dxo3l.jpg

It was made probably in the early sixties by Bonati, Fabbri & C. Monza that used "Superior" on the lining and "Lepre finissimo" (very fine hare) on the sweatband as trademark
96go74.jpg

They surely, like many hatters in Monza, champions of Italian exports (millions of hats sold in the world) worked as a generalized brand
o5ynwy.jpg

The felt is a very fine fur hare very well made with a special finish of short hair "shining" surface
vsi00m.jpg

Color of the medium felt is a deep green, with matching ribbon
Sold in Genova
2uj5cgj.jpg

It new with the inside sticker of the hat shop
2kj2ww.jpg

Size is a generous 59 cm in EU, 7 3/8 USA
10gcx0l.jpg

Very well made with excellent finishes it seems a post war production
2qun2ab.jpg

Proportions are: brim 4 cm. oversewn, crown at 11 cm. and the ribbon is 4 cm.
Another little piece of mosaic in the heyday of the Italian hatters

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Second find of a Monza hat, home in ancient days of the woll and furs italians hats.
See for more information http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/a-short-history-of-italian-hatters.85247/ the Monza chapter
29dxo3l.jpg

It was made probably in the early sixties by Bonati, Fabbri & C. Monza that used "Superior" on the lining and "Lepre finissimo" (very fine hare) on the sweatband as trademark
96go74.jpg

They surely, like many hatters in Monza, champions of Italian exports (millions of hats sold in the world) worked as a generalized brand
o5ynwy.jpg

The felt is a very fine fur hare very well made with a special finish of short hair "shining" surface
vsi00m.jpg

Sold in Genova
2uj5cgj.jpg

2kj2ww.jpg

10gcx0l.jpg

2qun2ab.jpg

wow, that is some colour!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
29dxo3l.jpg

96go74.jpg

o5ynwy.jpg

vsi00m.jpg

Sold in Genova
2uj5cgj.jpg

2kj2ww.jpg

10gcx0l.jpg

2qun2ab.jpg

That is a beauty, Daniele. It reminds me somewhat of the Cervo I bought from you last summer. Funnily enough, I wore it at the weekend, so a nice coincidence you posted your new find. Enjoy.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy