Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's magic....

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
I have a beautiful vintage purse that was given to me about a year ago. I looked on the bottom of the purse and it had ....a paper label with aged tape holding it in place with this typed on it....
Mrs. Adrian D. Kuepper
(her street address)
Malibu, CA
It's in this photo....please ignore the people in the background. :)
pic-6.jpg

Makes me think.....I am close to Malibu.....wonder if I should see where she used to live. I wonder if it's an old style home or if it is even there anymore. It's interesting that her name and her street address was left on the purse.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
texasgirl said:
Oh, I would have died! My grandmother's name was Irene. She died in 1969 before I was born. But my mother gave me the middle name of Irene, so I feel like I have a bit of her in me. So here's an Irene you can imagine. She was part Cherokee, I think you can see a bit of that in the photo. She was very strong, and gave birth to 12 children! This is one of the only pictures I have of her and it's about 1954-55.

irenetaylor1954-55.jpg

Wow!!!!! Twelve children!!! Was this common for families in the past because my grandmother had ten children and I thought that was a high number?

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
LOL! A lot of people say it looks like Mark Twain!
Nikki
MrNewportCustom said:
:eek:fftopic:

Sorry to be off-topic, but the man in Nikki's wall bears an uncanny resemblance to Boris Blank of Yello:
Dieter-Boris-lips-.jpg

Lee

Carry on.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Retro I would've already driven by, as soon as I found the addy! Go look, go look!! Awesome purse btw!
Nikki
RetroBabydoll said:
Makes me think.....I am close to Malibu.....wonder if I should see where she used to live. I wonder if it's an old style home or if it is even there anymore. It's interesting that her name and her street address was left on the purse.

RetroBabydoll said:
Wow!!!!! Twelve children!!! Was this common for families in the past because my grandmother had ten children and I thought that was a high number?
There was a time when, back in the old family-farm days, you had to crank 'em out one after another to assure that enough would live to adulthood to tend the farm and take care of you once you were unable to work it yourself anymore...

That, and certain communities naturally bias towards big families.

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
pennyc--

vous avez le m?™me ?¢me que moi, ce n'est pas du tout bizarre! trop sensible? JAMAIS ICI! :D bravo.

et pardonnez le fran?ßais, il est irr?©sistible de l'utiliser s'il y a une Fran?ßaise ici!

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
thebadmamajama said:
pennyc--

vous avez le m?™me ?¢me que moi, ce n'est pas du tout bizarre! trop sensible? JAMAIS ICI! :D bravo.

et pardonnez le fran?ßais, il est irr?©sistible de l'utiliser s'il y a une Fran?ßaise ici!

Why do I get the feeling I should have taken that French class in high school? :rolleyes:

Lee

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
thebadmamajama !!!!
Wow your french is incredible!!! It is a thousand time better than my english!!!lol!!!! I'm really happy, you all are so friendly!!! Thank you!!!

Story

I'll Lock Up
ohairas said:
Aw man! Too bad you couldn't have run and bought a disposable camera! Nikki

Indeed. But it was during second shift (4PM to midnight) in a remotely located industrial building (so nothing within 5 minutes drive). :(

Now I keep a digital handy, like Peter Parker. Never know when you're going to get buzzed by a UFO...

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
ohairas said:
Retro I would've already driven by, as soon as I found the addy! Go look, go look!! Awesome purse btw!
Nikki

It would give me something to do for the weekend. If the rain stops....then I'll drive down and see. I'm really curious now. Thank you.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Diamondback said:
There was a time when, back in the old family-farm days, you had to crank 'em out one after another to assure that enough would live to adulthood to tend the farm and take care of you once you were unable to work it yourself anymore...

That, and certain communities naturally bias towards big families.

Well, my grandmother was raised on a farm. :) Several of her brothers and sisters died when they were kids growing up on the farm.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
MrNewportCustom said:
Why do I get the feeling I should have taken that French class in high school? :rolleyes:

Lee

I wished I didn't take French in high school, but now I'm glad I did. I put it to some use .....finally... Most people speak Spanish in my area. :-(

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
fourstarbanner said:
I have a postcard I found at an antique store that was sent by an American soldier after WWI to a girl back home.

It reads:

"Nice, France 1/30/19

Hello Blanche, I am on my 2 week's pass. This city is located on the Mediterranean Sea. Beautiful place, wish you were here. Hat."

The picture on the postcard is of the Hotel de Senece. Was he on the front lines of battle? What did he see before he sent the postcard? Is Blanche his sister or sweetheart?
I enjoy reading old postcards. I have several I've collected, too. My avatar is an old postcard someone sent home to their mother in Ohio. It reads "Here I am down in Louisville, KY with Johnny. Having a swell time and seeing allot..."
It is kinda cool I think. Its signed "Coletta & Johnny".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes