Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's Spring. Show your Straw hats if you have 'em

Considering it’s Central Florida outside it’s already straw season 2023 for many, if not all days…. At least in the afternoon. Anyhow, a hemp Stratoliner in navy-surprisingly a very versatile color- that I love so much I ordered a second in natural that I found for $50 off. I’ll get some better pics soon…but in the meantime…..

View attachment 491988
I read the headline of your thread and thought....'spring?.....not in my neck of the woods!'. Come mid to late June and I can maybe break out the straws. Even then it is iffy as it is still likely raining.

Art Hat1

One of the Regulars
I read the headline of your thread and thought....'spring?.....not in my neck of the woods!'. Come mid to late June and I can maybe break out the straws. Even then it is iffy as it is still likely raining.
I would happily trade, this hot weather is going to drive the Mrs and me out, it won’t stop! And the humidity is bound to strike any time and not let up till December.

I would happily trade, this hot weather is going to drive the Mrs and me out, it won’t stop! And the humidity is bound to strike any time and not let up till December.
Yes, I have a hard time with humidity. Heat I can take, like Arizona desert heat is one thing but add in humidity and I am whimpering in the corner. Overall the rain is not such a bad thing but when we have two weeks of nothing but grey I long for a bit of sun. The two most perfect climates I have ever experienced; San Diego in the spring time and the southern Baja anytime except summer.

Art Hat1

One of the Regulars
Yes, I have a hard time with humidity. Heat I can take, like Arizona desert heat is one thing but add in humidity and I am whimpering in the corner. Overall the rain is not such a bad thing but when we have two weeks of nothing but grey I long for a bit of sun. The two most perfect climates I have ever experienced; San Diego in the spring time and the southern Baja anytime except summer.
Very true, the heat I could deal with generally, but when it literally sticks to you, ugh! Arizona is gorgeous, we’re thinking of going to the campground beside the Grand Canyon this October if we can save the money. The best two climates for me though was Maine and Scotland! Cold and rainy I can handle, hot and sticky though, enough please! Though hot and sticky did provide the excuse for these nice hemps

Very true, the heat I could deal with generally, but when it literally sticks to you, ugh! Arizona is gorgeous, we’re thinking of going to the campground beside the Grand Canyon this October if we can save the money. The best two climates for me though was Maine and Scotland! Cold and rainy I can handle, hot and sticky though, enough please! Though hot and sticky did provide the excuse for these nice hemps
Drove through Maine in mid September, nice autumn days. Spent 2 months in Scotland Sept & October.....weather much like here except here when the rain clouds come in they stay and stay and stay. In Scotland wait 30 minutes and the weather changes. When it rained we just found a distillery to hide out in til the weather changed.

AndyR

One of the Regulars
I was thinking North Dakota or northern MN would be right for me. I would always opt for longer winters. Here in northeast IL, we've had periods of spring in every winter month this year. Can't get a good ice rink going anymore.

Who?

Practically Family
I was thinking North Dakota or northern MN would be right for me. I would always opt for longer winters. Here in northeast IL, we've had periods of spring in every winter month this year. Can't get a good ice rink going anymore.
Have you ever actually spent a winter in North Dakota?

AndyR

One of the Regulars
Have you ever actually spent a winter in North Dakota?
Not in North Dakota, but in MN. It doesn't have to be bitter, although I don't care. I would just like it to be longer. If spring, summer and fall lasted 3 months, I'd be thrilled. Desolate is fine with me too. I love spending winter in Door County WI. when everything is closed down.

Last edited:
Straw hat Day!.jpg

And here are four I recently re-creased, re-flanged or in the case of the last, changed the pug.....getting them ready for the season. Though today I will be wearing a Felt Akubra as it is raining..................raining a lot actually.;)

Peter Brothers
1684162633578.png

Stetson 10X
1684162806484.png

Stetson 6X
1684162876722.png

Pinzano
1684163108379.png

LeeR

New in Town
Haven't seen one of these before. Has to be the coolest hat band. Sort of a kimono design. It is a Stetson Imperial milan straw. I keep asking Optimo in Chicago about a milan straw hat and they say they can't get the straw anymore. Enjoy

Attachments

• 075C05F7-D94A-45E9-9CF6-CCE4D8A722C7.jpeg
    075C05F7-D94A-45E9-9CF6-CCE4D8A722C7.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 54
  • 0F7F571A-DCA4-46D4-BA24-9FFB3A17BEF1.jpeg
    0F7F571A-DCA4-46D4-BA24-9FFB3A17BEF1.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 49

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo