Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
It was GREAT seeing that again. My wife and I make a point to see all the Peanuts specials. I especially love Schroeder's sarcastic, rage-filled "Jingle Bells" from the Christmas special.

As for that CBS Special Presentation fanfare, the music is an excerpt from Hawaii Five-O composer Morton Stevens. The piece is also on the old FIVE-O LP, which I play often...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6W9V9SZPHAY

Starius

Practically Family
I thought I would just mention that tonight on ABC is "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" and Charles Schulz's final cartoon, "He's A Bully, Charlie Brown."

Kassia

One of the Regulars
Ohhh it's one of my favorites too... Will have to watch for it on TV and if i can't watch it i'll dig out the dvd... I love all the Peanuts shows..

My other most favorite, albbeit a christmas movie is a Christmas Story..
It's the one with Ralphie, who wants a Red Rider BB gun and everyone keeps saying, You'll shoot your eye out kid!!!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm still wondering when this will be on this year........
greatpumpkin.jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Lone_Ranger said:
After the turn of the century
In the clear blue skies over Germany....

The Epic Battle
Here is the WWI Flying Ace, climbing in the cockpit of his Sopwith Camel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNremK0cBEg

That whole WW1 sequence really is one of the finest pieces of animation to come out of the sixties. Shows what could be done on a low television budget if someone really cared about quality.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lone_Ranger said:
After the turn of the century
In the clear blue skies over Germany....

The Epic Battle
Here is the WWI Flying Ace, climbing in the cockpit of his Sopwith Camel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNremK0cBEg

I just showed this to my 3 year old for the first time. When I asked what Snoopy was doing my son explained that he was flying.

This is the charm of this simple animation that compels one to think and use the imagination. With few exceptions current trends spoon feed story lines, thereby usurping a child's opportunity to hone the skill of imagery and thought. Naturally, this is not a substitution for books etc etc etc, but , a natural aspect of entertainment.

Thanks for posting.......;)

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
flat-top said:

In the nick of time, a hero arose
A funny-looking dog with a big black nose
He flew into the sky to seek revenge

And, it continues through the rest of the cartoon, with Snoopy evading capture behind the lines, in occupied France...;)

That Bloody Red Baron was in a fix
He'd tried everything, but he'd run out of tricks
Snoopy fired once, and he fired twice
And that Bloody Red Baron went spinning out of sight

Story

I'll Lock Up
Lone_Ranger said:

And, it continues through the rest of the cartoon, with Snoopy evading capture behind the lines, in occupied France...;)

... like trying to find you way home from strange bars, while an Undergrad.
PDVD_010-1.jpg

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
There is just something about Linus waiting in that sincerest of pumpkin patches that makes me tune in. I know what's going to happen, but I watch in case The Great Pumpkin actually appears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner