Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

Dutch McCoy

One of the Regulars
I read that article this morning, it is very good. The wife and I are HUGE Peanuts fans. We own pretty much all the cartoons on DVD and watch them all year round. I am sorry to say that I do not know when it will air this year, we are just going to watch the DVD. Best of luck finding it.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
PrettySquareGal said:
Does anyone know when this will be airing on TV this year? I can't find it online!
You're too funny PSG.:D
You don't really believe all that Great Pumpkin stuff do ya?
(If so, I have some prime real estate in Florida you may be interested in. ;) )

But in answer to your question, I found this (from last year): http://www.allbusiness.com/services/business-services-miscellaneous-business/4704577-1.html

Which seems to indicate that it airs on it's anniversary each year. So maybe it will be on October 26th or 27th? [huh]

Starius

Practically Family
I just this minute got off the phone with a friend of mine who mentioned that he watches this every year.

I haven't seen it in years but I think I'm gonna try to catch it this year.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I feel unclean and doomed if I miss it, so I try to watch it every year. I haven't bought the DVD because I want it to be a special ritual. What can I say? I'm a 39 year old kid. :)

MajorNick, is the land cheap? :)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I got the whole combo (Christmas special. Thanksgiving and Great Pumpkin) on DVD. I know, I cut out the middle man, but hey, I get to watch them any time I want now, commercial free :D

LD

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PrettySquareGal said:
I feel unclean and doomed if I miss it, so I try to watch it every year. I haven't bought the DVD because I want it to be a special ritual.
So like me, you miss the old CBS spinning "SPECIAL" graphic and the show being sponsered by York Peppermint Patties!

Rosie

One Too Many
Oooo, this is always great to catch on the telly.

Some things are just better on t.v. like,

How the Grinch Stole Christmas
The Life and Times of Santa Claus
That Twas the Night Before Christmas with the mouse family and of course
Frosty the Snowman. Great fun!

Ecuador Jim

A-List Customer
In the Stone Age...

flat-top said:
So like me, you miss the old CBS spinning "SPECIAL" graphic and the show being sponsered by York Peppermint Patties!

Before York, it was sponsored by Dolly Madison snack cakes.

Something about watching it on TV with the commercials that invokes the feelings of Halloween past.

AlanC

Ecuador Jim said:
Before York, it was sponsored by Dolly Madison snack cakes.

Yes, I loved the old Dolly Madison ads.

We have the DVD and make an annual event of watching it with our daughters every year along with the other Peanuts holiday cartoons.

"I got a rock."

Tony in Tarzana

Or Santa riding the Norelco electric shaver, or the "Carol of the Bells" Andre Champagne commercial, or the "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" commercial that had the songwriters scrambling to turn it into a full-length song after a flood of demand? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn