Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J-24 Style Jacket (Y2, Double Helix & RMC)

Uli0109

New in Town
Hello Guys,

This forum is recommended to me by Reddit and I’ve been here pretty often to get some inspiration.
I like all 3 J-24 styled jackets RMC, Y2 (HR-55) Leathers and Double Helix (Innovator). My Problem is that all dealers are at least 700km away from me so I can’t really go out and look at it for myself. I would hope some of you can help my.

1. I can’t find any descent pictures of the Double Helix Innovator besides from a YouTuber (Fjorde) and god awful picture at https://www.stuf-f.com/neuheiten/2862/double-helix-innovator-black
Also there are not much reviews out there since the company is relatively new to the market. I would really hope the ones of you that have the jacket could send some pictures of them and say what there like and dislike about it.

2. I probably like the Y2 HR-55 the most of all 3 overall but also there are not many pictures of the jacket as is it broken in. I would love to see what the patina looks like since some of you but concerns in to that. Also I would like to know if you can fold the snap collar a little bit smaller like the RMC or the Double Helix.

3. The RMC brings nearly everything on the table for me besides a reasonably price. Is the jacket the nearly 1000€ more worth?

This would be my first jacket over 1000€ and I don’t want to cheap out so I would thank everyone of you who could help me on this journey.

If it helps for anything: I’m 183cm, 99Kg, 118cm Chest (57,5cm measures at the back pit to pit) 47cm shoulders and have 63cm arm length. I’m a little bit broad since I’m doing a little bit of lifting and don’t have the slimmest belly.

Thank you guys in advance!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
i can not answer most of your questions, but just for a snap collar, the position of the snap on the body of the jacket dictates the folding line of the lapel and also the collar, if you want to change the folding line then just unsnap the lapel and wear it like that all the time with your own folding line.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
What's wrong with the pics? That's a good looking jacket.
Also there are not much reviews out there since the company is relatively new to the market. I would really hope the ones of you that have the jacket could send some pictures of them and say what there like and dislike about it.
I own one of their jackets, not this model though. Here's the link to my review.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/double-helix-works.106511/post-2959315

I probably like the Y2 HR-55 the most of all 3 overall but also there are not many pictures of the jacket as is it broken in.

There were a couple used ones listed in the classifieds section.

Here's one:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/h-r-55-from-y2.108420/

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
So I recently went down this rabbit hole as well. And concluded that for a more "modern" fit I need the fold line or the "v" to be deep (edit: lower). And yes navetsea is correct its gonna depend on how you wear it. I would say about staring at most pictures that the Aero Ridley would have the highest "v" in all the D pockets. So you can consider that. A lot of people like Aero in here. If I have to do it all over again, I would go for used, better yet, vintage. I myself have 2 vintage ones on the way.

FWIW; Double Helix have a more narrow shoulder than most.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Uli0109

New in Town
@navetsea thanks for your answer! I get what you’re saying and it’s hard to tell something like that when I have never tried that jacket on by myself. I also saw a couple of picture from the HR-55 mostly with non snapped collar.

@Marc mndt @MrProper I think the picture does take a bad look on a very good looking jacket. There could a least do a picture with it opened up. Standard and Strange did some great pictures but I can’t see the collar on them.

@blobsterroll thanks for suggesting the Aero Jacket. It looks absolutely gorgeous and fit totally my style! I will definitely add them to my list!

Kenan

A-List Customer
3. The RMC brings nearly everything on the table for me besides a reasonably price. Is the jacket the nearly 1000€ more worth?
I pulled the trigger on the RMC new fit and it’s the best purchase I have ever made. I went through quite a few leather jackets, because I originally thought the RMC J-24 was too expensive.

I own a size 40 at 5’11 and 175 lbs with 39.5 inch chest.

This is how it fits:

17D743AC-2317-4B83-A1AA-6F49C0212E20.jpeg
F69BAF5C-4854-419D-B5B9-BD557E051788.jpeg

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Also don't forget to consider body length, both the Y2 and Double Helix look longer in the torso, I prefer the proportions of the Real McCoy's one personally. To me fit is more important than what leather, construction, etc. so pick the one most flattering for your body proportions.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Also don't forget to consider body length, both the Y2 and Double Helix look longer in the torso, I prefer the proportions of the Real McCoy's one personally. To me fit is more important than what leather, construction, etc. so pick the one most flattering for your body proportions.
This is massively important. If a jacket is too long, it looks terrible. I don't know what the OP needs, but if the DH is too long, the RMC is automatically the better option.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Is there someone that sells on right now?
Yes check classifieds. Size 46 will fit you perfect. I have size 44 and I am about 15 kilos less than you.

Search my posts for photo or check my IG. Luigivmario

J24L is fantastic jacket, especially for taller people. Full action back will help with your broad size

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I pulled the trigger on the RMC new fit and it’s the best purchase I have ever made. I went through quite a few leather jackets, because I originally thought the RMC J-24 was too expensive.

I own a size 40 at 5’11 and 175 lbs with 39.5 inch chest.

This is how it fits:

View attachment 493202 View attachment 493203
Total thread derail - but Kenan that's the most organized closet space I have ever seen. :)

Uli0109

New in Town
Yes check classifieds. Size 46 will fit you perfect. I have size 44 and I am about 15 kilos less than you.

Search my posts for photo or check my IG. Luigivmario

J24L is fantastic jacket, especially for taller people. Full action back will help with your broad size
Thank you very much! I make an appointment tomorrow to get myself measured from a professional because the sleeves seem to be a bit too long for me but I want to know for sure if I buy something for 2000€. I also want to get measured because @MrProper pictures of his Aero J-106 gave me a sense that this is the perfect Jacket for me. And also Aero does make it according to me measuring so I won’t have a problem with compromising to standard sizing

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Thank you very much! I make an appointment tomorrow to get myself measured from a professional because the sleeves seem to be a bit too long for me but I want to know for sure if I buy something for 2000€. I also want to get measured because @MrProper pictures of his Aero J-106 gave me a sense that this is the perfect Jacket for me. And also Aero does make it according to me measuring so I won’t have a problem with compromising to standard sizing
no problem, the sleeves on my 44 are at about the limit for me. They will come up maybe a half inch with wear, creases, etc. so will be fine.

I don't think the tailor measurement will help you unless you fully understand how the jacket measurement is made so you can compare apples to apples. There's at least 4 or 5 ways to measure arm length for jacket that I know of and even then it's not fully accurate unless two people are probably taking it and then you recreate that process on your side.

There is also a Flathead Delraiser for sale as well size 46. Not sure about the sleeve length. The style is a more simplified Dpocket (no epaulettes, belt, etc.). It is a forum favorite. I should start getting sales commission on these lol.

Also, I have a Ridley as well. If you need to customize for your size, it's a great option. IMO, it's Aero's best pattern. It works great with Vicenza leather, but I also saw some beautiful versions with Badalassi.

Uli0109

New in Town
no problem, the sleeves on my 44 are at about the limit for me. They will come up maybe a half inch with wear, creases, etc. so will be fine.

I don't think the tailor measurement will help you unless you fully understand how the jacket measurement is made so you can compare apples to apples. There's at least 4 or 5 ways to measure arm length for jacket that I know of and even then it's not fully accurate unless two people are probably taking it and then you recreate that process on your side.

There is also a Flathead Delraiser for sale as well size 46. Not sure about the sleeve length. The style is a more simplified Dpocket (no epaulettes, belt, etc.). It is a forum favorite. I should start getting sales commission on these lol.

Also, I have a Ridley as well. If you need to customize for your size, it's a great option. IMO, it's Aero's best pattern. It works great with Vicenza leather, but I also saw some beautiful versions with Badalassi.
I just want to get measured to be a little bit more certain specially for shoulders, pit to pit or chest. I find it very difficult to understand some measurements from the manufacturers because they all do it differently. But in northern Germany they aren’t many good stores for good leather jackets or maybe I didn’t find them.

The Flat Head Delraiser is a drop dead beautiful jacket in almost every aspect! But I don’t like the style as much as the J-24. But to be fair I would rather don’t spend 2500€ for one jacket if I can buy 2 very good ones for that money.

I’m really glad you guys told me about aero leather. The Ridley is such a beautiful jacket and the Military Bombers would make a superb addition for the colder months. And they are in a comfortable price range for me. Which leather did you choose?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just want to get measured to be a little bit more certain specially for shoulders, pit to pit or chest. I find it very difficult to understand some measurements from the manufacturers because they all do it differently.
It's actually best to take a well-fitting jacket and take measurements from that. Depending on how thick or thin the jacket is, you modify something. My fabric jackets actually have the same measurements as my leather jackets.
Which leather did you choose?
I currently have Badalassi in black, Vicenza in blackened brown, Horween CXSH in cordovan. I used to have a Horween FQHH in black and an unfinished HH in natural.
I would take everything again, but FQHH last.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
I just want to get measured to be a little bit more certain specially for shoulders, pit to pit or chest. I find it very difficult to understand some measurements from the manufacturers because they all do it differently. But in northern Germany they aren’t many good stores for good leather jackets or maybe I didn’t find them.

The Flat Head Delraiser is a drop dead beautiful jacket in almost every aspect! But I don’t like the style as much as the J-24. But to be fair I would rather don’t spend 2500€ for one jacket if I can buy 2 very good ones for that money.

I’m really glad you guys told me about aero leather. The Ridley is such a beautiful jacket and the Military Bombers would make a superb addition for the colder months. And they are in a comfortable price range for me. Which leather did you choose?
You won't really be able to compare pit to pit, etc. from body measurements, you need a garment to measure, otherwise there will be a lot of guesswork for chest ease, etc. I mean you technically can, but it's kind of a gamble to go off purely body measurements.

There is already enough guesswork as it is with using garment measurements where the pattern, thickness of material, etc. can change the fit.

Uli0109

New in Town
You won't really be able to compare pit to pit, etc. from body measurements, you need a garment to measure, otherwise there will be a lot of guesswork for chest ease, etc. I mean you technically can, but it's kind of a gamble to go off purely body measurements.

There is already enough guesswork as it is with using garment measurements where the pattern, thickness of material, etc. can change the fit.
I will take my Belstaff Jacket for the measurements too then. It fits quite well but I would wish to have a little bit more room overall (it’s perfect for motorcycle but for just style I want more comfort) I guess if I’m adding 2-3cm additional I will be fine. But thank you for the input I didn’t thought about just measure a jacket I already have and like to have a better idea what a jacket with „pit to pit“ or other would feel like!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot