Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket guys/gals, what briefcase do you carry? Do you match or change bags?

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
SATCHEL028_web_1024x1024.jpg

Got this 2 weeks ago and absolutely love it.
I had a SBL Large Satchel before that. It was beautifully made but comically overbuilt. I just couldn't warm up to the plethora of D-Rings, multiple layers of leather, and strap that would be better suited to reigning in a Brahma Bull at the rodeo.
The Satchel and Page is made of beautiful vegetable tanned leather (not sure if SBL is vegetable or chrome tanned) but I can tell you that Vegetable tanning is the way to go. The leather is substantial and unlined which I vastly prefer to SBL's pigskin lining; it just isn't needed and only adds weight. All stitching is perfect, beautiful simple handle and copper rivets, and the strap is one layer of leather that's more than beefy enough for anything I'll carry. Finally, I love the simple and elegant styling.

http://www.satchel-page.com/products/mailbag

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
Well, here it is!!!

Came home today to find my Saddleback Medium Thin Briefcase in Dark Coffee had arrived - it only took two weeks from the US, so not too bad I suppose. It really is a fantastic product!
It is so over engineered that Dave's claim that it'll outlast you is quite honestly true.

Anyway, it's day 1 & the thing is as stiff as they could possibly come. This one will be an interesting journey to break it in.......
Just the right size, solid, but not too heavy as far as I am concerned. Very, very nice.

Very nice Dan, I like that color and the contrast with the unfinished edges.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mine will definitely outlast me since I can rarely find good reason to cart around this piece of heavy, over-engineered, unyielding frippery. Nice colour.

Obviously opinions vary because I use mine every weekday and love it. Sure its got some weight but tbh, I don't notice it anymore unless the bag is crammed full. Its the only bag I've ever owned where people stop me in the street and ask me where I got it.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
The only gripe I have with satchel kind of bag is the buckle and eyelets, some of them have hidden metal clasp with buttons underneath the buckle and eyelet thingy, so they are only for looks, in that case I kinda like it.

-30-

A-List Customer
After having my 3 inch black Halliburton stolen during the mid 70's, it was replaced by another, but silver 5 inch. Wrong move; the black being better for a low-key "presentation".

The latter case became a Tool Satchel of sorts due to the fact that I ran over it with a hearse, causing a small corner dent and a crack in the aluminium.
lol

It wasn't until 2009, with my need of a laptop case, that I purchased another; this now being a 4 inch Halliburton; sad to say, black being unavailable.

The shoulder strap was the first thing to hit the storage, aside from that and the case's colour and it's propensity for being stolen, what's not to like;

after all, it's reasonably hearse-proof!

Regards,
J T

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner