Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket Hangers

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
Just looking at the advice about hanging jackets on Aero's site.Presumably once a jacket has creased it will stay creased.I have now laid mine on the floor.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Aero have had the good sense to now start selling their hangers. In lieu of having the right shape of one and out of fear of crippling my wardrobe, I've always kept my jackets either slung over the chair or hidden behind the trouser press. I'll probably invest in a few to keep my lighter ones vertical in future.

Gamma68

One Too Many
I don't understand the reasoning behind not using wide-shouldered hangers as opposed to a thin hanger for a leather jacket.

Our shoulders are wide, not thin like the Aero hangers or a wire hanger. It seems to me that you'd want to hang a jacket (especially a heavier one) on a hanger that mimics a human shoulder. Wouldn't using a thin hanger cause the jacket to conform to an unnatural shape over time?

I try to use broad shouldered hangers on all my jackets and have yet to see any ill effects.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Oh no, I've been storing my jackets zipped up on bad hangars. Anyone have a picture of the dreaded crease? Also, a cheaper USA source for hangars?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Pool noodle hangers. Pipe insulation also works
e7e9eefeb386476faf1251eec6f82d51.jpg
1e07ba33006e2d91ca1963d94f3fcded.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
There must be at least two or three threads on this already. I've never used hangers, just drape them across a chair seat or put them in a large plastic box.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Can you imagine a FL Outerwear pool party? Pool filled with Pecard’s and foam hanger noodles...in the rain of course. :)
I imagine people sitting on the pool side loungers in the sun with their jacket on and rubbing pecard on themselves and to each other back... with occasional walk to the outdoor shower to cool down their jacket and finger shaping their collar and lapel while the jacket is damp while chatting with each other.... AVOID.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
hmm, this is interesting I actually got wide shouldered hanger in order to hang my jackets - https://www.hangerproject.com/mens-jacket-hanger.html

I guess its better to just lay them flat somewhere in a box

I've put jackets in large boxes for the past three decades without any issues. Only hanging them up in a closet resulted in creasing. The problem was not the hanger it was that the jacket was packed in too tightly. My bad... I like throwing my jackets on the bottom of the closet floor. They tend to lie flat and don't come to any harm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff