Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jacket showdown thread

P5640blouson

One of the Regulars
Ok, been thinking about those who want to show their best against others' best, here's the potential thread and criteria. I wanted to do this because most threads stick to one type of jacket. This is an opportunity to compare across genre's and type for the best. This also provides opportunity to try your stuff on more, that's what enthusiasts like to do, right? Post your best pics of your best jacket relative to your personal fit/stature. We're showing our own actual best here, rather than our theoretical best. This will reflect what is achievable.

Please share a couple of notes to justify your best jacket.

Let the readers be the judge!

> Genre- style, type, era, purpose
> Fit - your reasoning for the fit
> Materials- material composition and fit for purpose
> Authenticity- truth relative to the jackets history. Genuine something or other.
> Value- The economic price point and relavence to being the best.

I guess I'll need to post mine, but I have to take a few pics first.:D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I'll play. I'm a slim 38L so when I can find a good fit in a vintage jacket it's a real treat.

I like this one. Bespoke tailored in Japan for one K.A. O'Hara probably back in the 1950s (but it feels like it was custom made for me). Well constructed, very light and breathable. Perfect for spring. I wish I knew what to call the material/weave. Perhaps one of you can tell me.. [huh]
DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg

Here's another one I love based mainly on the good fit with high arm holes. Otherwise it's a fairly basic mid-century blue blazer of nice quality wool.
DSC_0001.jpg

And this I just picked up. Marc informed me it's from 1967 with cues taken from the '30s. Towncraft by Penny's. I love the colors/pattern and fit:
DSC_0031.jpg

One last favorite.
DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

P5640blouson

One of the Regulars
Retro sporty white

DSC00851.jpg

DSC00852.jpg

> Genre- 70's Lewis Leathers moto. For the sporty crowd.
> Fit - Size 38 tailored, lancer assymetric front, configurable two position collar config or mandarin collar only.
> Materials- Finest steerhide, bespoke color, Sailcloth quilted lining, satin sleeve lining, vintage produced zippers throughout.
> Authenticity- Lewis Leather since 1892 in London England. Design in direct continuity with Lewis history, Aunthentically Lewis.
> Value- $1K and depreciates less than most. Classic style appreciates with age. Given the quality there's little question in its material utility. Among the highest value in terms of $$ as well as utility.

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
Here's my cheap as dirt NOS LL Bean civilian jacket. I'll bet the shipping costs for the above Lewis cost more than this.:eek:

> Genre- Flight-inspired civilian jacket
> Fit - Fits well although a tad baggy for me.
> Materials- Goatskin leather and mouton collar. Materials and quality are what you'd expect from a US made LL Bean jacket.
> Authenticity- None whatsoever. Might pass for an A-2 or G-1 from more than 50 feet away - check your eyes if you get fooled by this one. :D lol
> Value- This is my trump card. I can turn around and resell this on the bay for what I paid for it.

Untitled4.jpg

Peacoat

Bartender
Here are three of mine. The first one is a WWII Navy peacoat. It has to win this competition because there is no other coat more vintage or more classic than the peacoat. But I thought I would throw in two more just to give you guys something to look at.

The second one is a vintage German police coat, in goat. That's all I know about it. I wear it some while riding my police Road King. It all fits together. I got it from a fellow lounger.

The third one is a 1962 Irvin B. Foster I got from Harp Player Gene. It looks better on me than it did on him!

11010062.jpg

11010067.jpg

11010069.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou