Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JACKET - TRACKIT (For members burning to get their ordered jacket on their back)

coloradorider

One of the Regulars
+1 On Langlitz

I have ordered 4 jackets, one from Aero, one from Lost Worlds, one from Langlitz, one from Goodwear.
Aero: about exactly what Amanda told me it would be when I ordered, don't remember exactly but was 5 months or so--it was a pretty standard jacket. Lost Worlds was 4 weeks, a couple weeks sooner than predicted. Langlitz was a complete custom jacket top to bottom, I got it in 4 weeks (they told me in the store it would be several months, but for some reason, there it came!). Goodwear ordered last November, I think. Still waiting, which is fine, autumn/winter still a bit away.

+1 on Langlitz - they seem to underpromise and overdeliver so the customer is always impressed. I ordered a custom sized jacket in August of 2010 and they quoted six weeks. I had it in 3 weeks. Ripped the sleeve on said jacket when it lost a stand-off with a razor sharp piece of sheet metal. Called Langlitz and they said they'd have the sleeve replaced and returned to me in about a month. Got the jacket back in two weeks including round trip shipping. It's a real pleasure to work with Langlitz if you're looking for a high-quality jacket. They don't have the largest selection of styles but check out the Langlitz Japan page for a better idea of what they will make for you - http://www.langlitzjapan.com/.

Doc Average

One of the Regulars
I ordered a 38-1711-P from Aero Scotland on the 18th of February this year. My girlfriend has just let me know that it was delivered about an hour ago, so that's just shy of 6 months. A long time maybe, and I was beginning to get a bit anxious, but I understood from the start that it could take a while. My only specification was a slightly looser fit to allow for a bit of layering underneath, since I'm aware that it's a very trim fitting jacket. Amanda suggested a shortened size 42 (height 5' 6",my true chest size is 39.5 inches, 40.5 inches with a Breton Fisherman's sweater on). I guess this is what made the wait time a little longer for me.

Now I just hope it fits! :eek:

Last edited:

Cole

One of the Regulars
I ordered a 38-1711-P from Aero Scotland on the 18th of February this year. My girlfriend has just let me know that it was delivered about an hour ago, so that's just shy of 6 months. A long time maybe, and I was beginning to get a bit anxious, but I understood from the start that it could take a while. My only specification was a slightly looser fit to allow for a bit of layering underneath, since I'm aware that it's a very trim fitting jacket. Amanda suggested a shortened size 42 (height 5' 6",my true chest size is 39.5 inches, 40.5 inches with a Breton Fisherman's sweater on). I guess this is what made the wait time a little longer for me.

Now I just hope it fits! :eek:

Since I'm currently considering to order one of these jackets, could you post some pictures please. :D :eusa_clap

Doc Average

One of the Regulars
Notified today that my Aero 'Stuart' in black Vintage FQHH...Wine color Aplaca lining..two inside G1 pockets..ordered May 9,2011 will be shipped tomorrow August 12,2011. Hopefully it wiil arrive toward the end of next week..or sooner.;):cool:
HD

Notified today that my Aero 'Stuart' in black Vintage FQHH...Wine color Aplaca lining..two inside G1 pockets..ordered May 9,2011 will be shipped tomorrow August 12,2011. Hopefully it wiil arrive toward the end of next week..or sooner.;):cool:
HD

Congrats. Looking forward to the wine Alpaca as I've asked for that too!
How fun to be that close :)

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
I've been taking notes, collecting samples, and communicating ideas to the good people who build these great jackets so my wait will continue but when it happens, and I'm in no hurry, it will be spot on. ;)

I've been taking notes, collecting samples, and communicating ideas to the good people who build these great jackets so my wait will continue but when it happens, and I'm in no hurry, it will be spot on. ;)

Took me a year of looking, reading, asking questions to get my order done.
Thanks to the many helpful folks here - especially JanSolo for the time he took with me personally, I think I will have a great jacket when it's finished. I'm still scared to death about the sizing. I have such trouble getting jackets to fit right, and I've literally become paranoid over pulling the trigger. But, it's done, so I have to hope my gut was right. Otherwise, I'll have one expensive chunk of horse hide to contend with...

Pendi

New in Town
Hi there,

New to the forum...in fact, this is my first post. I ordered a jacket (Rough Wear W535-ac-27752) from GW in Oct 2010, after reading good reviews and having good and informative conversations with John. Well, it's been 10 months and I'm still waiting for my jacket to arrive...in fact, it's been a few months since I had any contact from John whatsoever (no longer replies to my emails). Now, I know he's quite busy with many orders but, is this waiting time normal??

Hi there,

New to the forum...in fact, this is my first post. I ordered a jacket (Rough Wear W535-ac-27752) from GW in Oct 2010, after reading good reviews and having good and informative conversations with John. Well, it's been 10 months and I'm still waiting for my jacket to arrive...in fact, it's been a few months since I had any contact from John whatsoever (no longer replies to my emails). Now, I know he's quite busy with many orders but, is this waiting time normal??

Yep.
Try giving him a call.

Pendi

New in Town
Thanks, yes, that makes sense...I guess I'm not the only one waiting for so long; then again, if the jacket is as good and as authentic as I've heard of the wait will be worthwhile...

s-crumb
Why don't you contact Amanda at Aero Scotland to ask and see just when your jacket is scheduled to be made? If you don't feel that you are getting satisfaction from the US rep....you always have the shop rep. I ordered my Stuart in May...and got it in August..but I did email Amanda after they got back from vacation(first week in Aug) and politely reminded/asked about it. It was made the next day. I had it in my hands two days later here in Indiana!!
HD

s_crumb

Familiar Face
I contacted Scotland to ask about the turnaround on an Irvin and mentioned my concerns about my first order taking so long. (My thinking was orders with AeroUSA must be delayed more somehow, so why not order from the source) She only quoted me the timeframe for a new jacket. No mention of a delivery date for my existing order. I really don't know what the problem is. Mark seems burned out and can't/won't give a delivery date. He also says there are other people out there that have been waiting as long as me. I'm so frustrated with this situation....it's just bad business any way you look at it.

I won't make the same mistake again.

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Ordered mine in March and it landed yesterday. The did say 12-14 weeks so a bit longer than that. On the other hand a great jacket.

nissle

New in Town
I ordered a LHB through Aero USA in April of this year, and still waiting. Im a patient person, but have been very anxious to get my first Aero.
For those that ordered through Aero USA, has anyone recieved there jacket recently ?

Last edited:
I ordered a LHB through Aero USA in April of this year, and still waiting. Im a patient person, but have been very anxious to get my first Aero.
For those that ordered through Aero USA, has anyone recieved there jacket ?

Contact Mark. Be polite and ask. You paid, you deserve to know. Good luck.

Last edited:

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
For those that ordered through Aero USA, has anyone recieved there jacket recently ?

I have an order in with Aero USA from May, which is now overdue. Let us know what Mark says.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112