James Deans leather jacket

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by North_Star, Nov 3, 2019.

1. North_Star

North_Star New in Town

I just ordered one myself. Now i just have to wait to january probaply.

hondurasdave47 and AeroFan_07 like this.
  2. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

Please post extensive review lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North_Star and hondurasdave47 like this.
  3. North_Star

North_Star New in Town

I'll try to make it when I get my hands on it!

hondurasdave47 likes this.
  4. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

It's not one that really caught my eye, tbh. As ever, the moment I try one of these things on, I'll want it. As it is, the temperature has dropped to Irvin and Barnstormer levels, so I'm now getting full wear out of both!

Edward likes this.
  5. Peter Bowden

Peter Bowden Practically Family

Great thread-Hope Mysteryo wont mind me re-posting
    https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/aero-indian-ranger-design-updated.94239/#post-2434149

AbbaDatDeHat and hondurasdave47 like this.
  6. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Funny this thread should pop up just now: last night I watched Dean's last film, Giant, and though I'd always thought he was an okay actor, I really was impressed with his portrayal of Jett Rink, the local redneck kid who becomes an oil baron. He absolutely takes over the whole film the minute he walks on. He's incredibly perfect in the part.

Peacoat likes this.
  7. Dean and my Uncle ran around together in the late '40s. He often showed up for my Grandmother's Sunday dinners. I met him when I was around four years old. Back then he didn't seem the movie star type. Actually he was a little guy who wore thick glasses while living in my hometown of Fairmount, Indiana. The leather MC jacket with the fur collar ( I think it is the same one ) is hanging in the Fairmount Historical Museum. Seems there is no manufacturer's tag remaining in the jacket.

JD was No. 3 on the basketball team......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  8. Mysteryo

Mysteryo Practically Family

9. Edward

Edward Bartender

Hoosierdaddy, was there ever any hint of that charisma that he sold so well on screen? The glasses were interesting - I have the impresion a lot of big names from Back in the Day were short-sighted, but couldn't be seen to have their glasses on on-screen, so half the time they're doing these great middle-distance looks they can only see three feet in front of them... Went on into the sixties, too - John Lennon and Hednrix both suffered from pronounced short-sightedness; Lennon was advised not to wear his glasses on stage; Hendrix according to some was too vain for them, which made him a scary driver by all accounts.

Oh, yes, looking forward to seeing how that Barnstormer breaks in.