Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James Stewart in "Winchester 73" - great denim jacket!

fnoprx

Familiar Face
Just had the pleasure of watching Anthony Mann's classic "Winchester 73". Great movie - and a great jacket worn by James Stewart. I doubt it is period correct - but it looks great:

winchester73.jpg

fnoprx

Familiar Face
Love the Type II - my favourite denim jacket ever! But Jimmy's jacket only has one pocket - so it is probably a type I ? Funny to see it in a movie that takes place in the late 1800s.

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
Pleated front denim jackets (or blouses as they were know) were on sale in the late 1800's but Jimmy's is by the looks of things a 506 Levis made from 1936-42.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Real 73

Three 1873 rifles were rebuilt for the movie, none were the legendary 1 of 1000! One of the lesser caricatures in the shooting competition has an 1892, way wrong for the mid 1870s time frame! I guise if it was good enough for the Duke. I always thought the 92 was a little to unmacho, where as the 73, 76 and 86 were much more substantial rifles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy